BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go with an old profile stem.The Tuf or Pro Neck would look killer though.Those RLs are gonna look killer!!Definetly better than Maxys.Ive completly sworn off aluminum cranks.Chromoly is the only choice for me.But I did just tax my Fit crap stock cranks.So I got another chromoly [chrome] set that I need bearings and cones for and they are gonna go on it.But I did put a half link chain,Failure Smart Bars,and Tioga Power Block tires that belonged to the Great Greg Hill!!!Still plan on lightening it up more.The cranks should shed almost 1/2 a pound.Right now it sits at 27 pounds.Im hoping to get it around 24 or 25 pounds.

DaveS Your LRV is incredible!!!Man you did an excellent job on that.So many killer parts,are those Araya Aeros!!??Would love to see some closeups and a parts breakdown.whats the blue bike hidding around the corner? :D :D

This is my mongoose, caan anyone help me find out what year it is?

J

SNGNP04J02192

bike5.jpg

damgoose3.jpg

Rat Rod, that stem is perfect!

Dr. aCula - That looks like a 2002 or so. As far as I know, you can't get the year from the serial number on the newer ones.

My newest score,a mid 90s Univega Super G.I have a chrome 3 piece crank for it,Tioga Compact Disc,Chrome cruiser bars,Alex DM 24 black wheelset and it has a GT stem that Im stripping and polishing out today or tomorrow.Should make a killer rider.

jayneedrivingunivega01950.jpg
jayneedrivingunivega02150.jpg
jayneedrivingunivega02050.jpg

I came across some V-bar pads, NOS in red and yellow, bike pal I think. If anyone needs one let me know.

Bicyclerick said:
Hope this isn't a dumb question, but does anyone know what the green washers that look like little sprockets on the rear axle are called? And if so, who makes them/where you can find them? I have tried searching google and this is the only photo I have found of a bike with them. I used to have a set on my Robinson BMX back in the day, and was thinking of trying to recreate the same bike. Thanks!

SPUD said:
Hope this isn't a dumb question, but does anyone know what the green washers that look like little sprockets on the rear axle are called? And if so, who makes them/where you can find them? I have tried searching google and this is the only photo I have found of a bike with them. I used to have a set on my Robinson BMX back in the day, and was thinking of trying to recreate the same bike. Thanks!

I think this is what you're looking for. They're called chain tensioners or chain adjusters.
http://www.danscomp.com/440006.php?cat=PARTS

Gotta love the scrap guy!!!Picked this up today.A aluminum 96 Powerlite P61 XL.GT clamp and stem,no name wheels,Kenda comp style tires,Profile 180 cranks and Profile Ripsaw sprocket and ??bars.My kids dig it,but its gettin jacked for the cranks so I can get my cruiser built.

ryanintreePL00650.jpg

Latest posts

Back