BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 86-ish Schwinn Phantom:

DSC04102.jpg

DSC04104.jpg

DSC04103.jpg

DSC04101.jpg

and my early 90's Huffy (I usually wouldn't restore a bike like this but it's one just like I had when I was a kid :lol: ):

yo068b.jpg

new085b.jpg

mmayday073b.jpg

mmayday077b.jpg

mmayday076b.jpg

hello and good day
here is my bmx buildup
she is either a sting ray or scrambler im not sure which so im going with scrambler either way she will be sweet clone
i started with only a frame
i added somo wheels off a royce union
huffy racing 30 handlebars and huffy racing 30 reversed pads
the seat is i believe a troxel
seatpost is stock
dia comp brakes
it rides excellent as long as i dont crash it lol
eventually i plan on painting it scrambler silver or red
so far she looks the way i like her ugly and not afraid to take a beating'
IMAG0295.jpg

Started this project before the build off and it's about time to get it finished up, laced up the rear wheel tonight to a sturmey S2, needs a chain and the brake cable needs cut and brakes adjusted, may flip the stem and raise the seat a bit too after it's rideable but I'm pretty happy with the way it's turned out. I do wish the bar pad was a little bit wider, i believe the pads were meant for a ripper.

IMG_1836.jpg

Here are some i have had and sold. Regret selling two.There are more. I dont wanna clutter up the page lol.
IMG_0144.jpg

000_1460.jpg

000_1383.jpg

000_1474.jpg

000_1570.jpg

bmx3020.jpg

bmx3046.jpg

102_2942.jpg

100_3054.jpg

100_3103.jpg

102_3243.jpg

very sweet ride man!!!!!! i have 2 fit frames i m building for customers; but im gonna build one eventually for myself. is that 24 inch wheel? i wanna build a 24 inch since i had an x24r when i was a kid ( memory lane flashback what i remember of it lol)
looks sweet nice job

24'' goodness!! :lol: Unfortunatly my back doesnt like riding 20s for very long so everything I build is at least a 24''.Do you have any old pics of your cruiser??

BMX makes up most of my collection, my current stable of keepers for now
'73 Stingray with the BMX treatment, it isn't a conversion from BITD, but it looks that way
DSCN5300.jpg

2013 PK Ripper Retro, my first new brand new bike since I was 6, I'm 31 now
2-19.jpg

2000 GT Pro Series 24, my favorite out the bunch, it rides awesome, it's smaller 20" brother coming, should be on my door step by the end of the week, it's a Pro Series XL
n1.jpg

To go with these are a few I don't have pictures of yet, '96 Diamondback Assult 24, 01 Specialized Vegas, and a '78 Schwinn Scrambler that I just finished build of last night.

The list of BMX stuff that has passed through my hands in the past couple years is a mile long, I had to try them out to see which ones I like riding best, they are meant to ride after all, the high lights are a '78 Scrambler with Tuffs that was a beautiful survivor, an '81 Scrambler also with Tuffs and a very nice survivor as well, '78 Huffy Bandit with all the fenders and funky original tires still in place, '84 Diamondback Super Viper, and '82 Schwinn Preator CroMo mag

Cru Jones ... awesome build yet again Smoopy !!!

Black Sting ... looks SLICK Bikejunkie !!!

The BITD Stingray ... love it !!! along with the Ripper too 8) love those retro Se Bikes

Back