Blue Line Bike Lab - Houston, TX (Thumbs Up)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guys at Blue Line Bike Lab are stand up guys. I can recommend them highly. Here is why:

I took an old fork from a Rollfast to Blue Line Bike Lab to have the threads on the stem chased. They had gotten distorted over the past 60 years and just needed to be chased for a new headset to fit properly. The tech was using the right die, but it had been adjusted incorrectly and he wound up cutting way to deep. Mistakes like this happen in any shop from time to time, and the test of the shop is how they deal with the situation.

I was told they would have it taken care of by the following Wednesday. Well, today is that day. I got a call from them saying the fork was repaired and I could come get it. I picked it up, brought it home, and test fitted it to the frame. Fits just fine. They had cut and welded on a new stem of the correct size and did a great job of it. This was not an easy fix. These guys admitted the mistake, and made it right, without any trouble to me. There are very few shops like this anymore. And, it is a great comfort to know that there is at least one near me.

If you are in Houston and need some work done. Take it to Blue Lab!

Cheers

now you know why i love my lbs! :D ive been dealing with fred and david for about 4 years. they go out of their way to make sure everything is done right. plus they have taught me quite a few tricks over the years. some that would actually take money away from their business, while helping me learn more! glad everything worked out, now spread the word. 8)

Back