*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>>>>>>>DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Moved hay bales' I hope that horse appreciates the pain you put up with for it!:41:
Not once but twice.had to stack them... Whats that expression 'You have to get back up on a horse" Neigh:21:
I think it helped some,prob clicked it back in.Just small pain in the lower-back near the L-4,L-5...Now back to building:grin:
Can't keep a ole nag down:rofl:

Had a chance over the weekend to do more work.
Cleaned up the knew homemade lug look alike...Trying to keep it as original as I can...

Welded the little tabs on to hold the tank...

Widen the stays by half a inch or so...Notice that not much is straight on this bike?
Prehistoric or hillbilly style...

Have enough room for the 3" to fit in...

Not much room,had to take into count,the pedal arms,not scraping + the engine...

Might have to dog leg the arms? Not going to be easy...
Mutley.gif

Also my idea is to rust this brass tank,or give the look of...

This paint gives it a rusty surface look,like real rust...First hand.

And the graphics that I will hand paint on.

While the welder was out,I did a hillbilly cut n chop on the scooter exhaust. Used a part from old 16' kids forks...Now its in stealth mode.;)

Good frame spread and the tank is looking good!

Luke.
It has spread more to the right,but I think I might try for a few cm's on the left...Considering the bike would have had 650a or b rims.Trying to figure out if I can dog leg the crank arms? Any ideas...

Yep torch and bend... let's see, may be a cast crank gonna have to be glowing, and still might snap... have extras? Unless you dogleg both sides the same, it's gonna feel funny pedaling too... You can do it!

Carl.

Nice progress! MO FATTA MO BETTA!

yeah!!!! Just became a Pro Member!!! Now I have a gold bar to prove it...;)
First time I have ever fully entered a group. I enjoy Rat Rods Bike and feel part of a great multi culti crazy family...:113:
Thanx guys n gals.

Yep torch and bend... let's see, may be a cast crank gonna have to be glowing, and still might snap... have extras? Unless you dogleg both sides the same, it's gonna feel funny pedaling too... You can do it!

Carl.
This is what scares me Carl.The arms are old? And nothing I do is ever even...Heck both tires on my scooter are always flat,and I still ride it wobbling all over the place...
Could try and shave a few mm off like Luke said...Unles I can find someone? Thanx

I came across this bike...It's the closest I have found that is almost like the one I started with for BA...
It gives you a idea or style of the bike.
VELO SIMPLIX-1.jpg

Just had to try the knew easy uploader...:banana::rockout: Oh yeah...Be gone photobucket...

Looking good.... I dog legged a set of crank arms by cutting notches, bending and welding. After doing the first side I drew a template from it to match the other side.
Any pics? Maybe just easier if I cut and add onto the axle? Anyone ever attempted that? Or am I thinkin way to far...Question is,is my welding that good to attempt that....:39:

I have extended 3 piece square taper cranks in the past, will be doing another one soon for the Mini MTB build...

I extend the BB shell as well though and do it in the middle of the axle:

8333222788_6f8c630627_z.jpg

Luke.
Ok so it can be done,But i need to extend both ends,being steal and solid makes a big difference,..Ok just releized I can add on the ends,and re-carve where the pins go..If they break I guess I walk home,and redo them...:grin:...Just like I keep welding the kick arm on my scooter...

Back