BlackDiamond V Diabolical_Dork V ChicagoMuscle Guy Buildoff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool frame blackdiamond! :D I used that same Duro Slik on my '65, rides great :wink:

Can't wait to see some progress pics from all three of you 8)

Got some parts gathered

photo-11.jpg

photo-12.jpg

May end up cleaning up one of these 5 speed frames if I cant get my other frame painted.

photo-13.jpg

Got my build posse too. Introducing She-Hulk and Spider-Dad.

photo-10.jpg

blackdiamond said:
Nice! I wish i had a parts stash like that! :mrgreen:
Thanks man. Took a while to find the She-Hulk. Sorry not for sale or trade. :lol:

Nice collection of parts, I see a krate bike maybe in the future? Really like that tall sissy just put one on my Stingray Old School Chopper, and both your frames look like they are in decent shape, way Cool.

Made some progress today, got the crank bearing cups cleaned up and installed, cleaned out the screw holes for the Headbadge and got that mounted up, could not locate a blue one for a reasonable price so I went for a red and white one I found in the for sale section. But I like how it looks. And then after cleaning the frame up I worked on getting the decals on the frame. So far, so good.

f78e60d3f2bc61ab7cdf28dbe063687f.jpg

73ffcec74b3e7111874533f450e5e63a.jpg

951f027cf94d52a2e6a8d82ae4f85b6e.jpg

Coming along nicely there Chicago. Still in process of cleaning up bits and seeing what sticks. Not sure if going krate or not its all part of my process. Get out all possible parts and see what wants to join what frame etc. I just kinda let my bikes build themselves. :D

Hey whatever works, looks like you have enough to choose from. I have put together and taken apart many bikes till I found the right mix. I will have to dig around here tomorrow and see if I can find my own Super Hero, don't want to out done by She-Hulk!

You can do it! I haven't done much besides polish chrome. It's too cold to paint.

Lookin good. :) ^^^^^^

My update:
I have found a nice warm garage to work in tonight. + Do not have to work tomorrow. + Wife and kids will be at school all day. = Big time progress(I hope)
Heres a little teaser pic for yas 8)
photo-14.jpg

Oh and by the way I am also building a single speed. The same 70 that I posted first. Dont wanna rush my krate build. Gonna do that one in powdercoat soon though 8)
Have more tomorrow. take care

Looks good Guys, Here's what I accomplished today. Mocked up the seat, sissy, bars and forks. Next up cleaning and repacking the front wheel and getting the tire on it with a new tube.
2809b2ee03129bc185287d88ee8dabd9.jpg

ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
Looks good Guys, Here's what I accomplished today. Mocked up the seat, sissy, bars and forks. Next up cleaning and repacking the front wheel and getting the tire on it with a new tube.
2809b2ee03129bc185287d88ee8dabd9.jpg
Looks great! :D Can't wait to see it with the wheels on :wink:

Wish I bought it to build up! :lol:

Big 'n' Little whites.
photo-15.jpg

This painting thing is becoming a fiasco. Either of you opposed to my using a coaster frame that i rattlecanned a month ago? its kinda scratched up but i just dont want to build up a 5 speed half-donkey. :lol: ya know.
If not thats cool. let me know.

BTW lookin good Chicago.

Darn, I thought you were gonna wow us with some triple stage five color paint scheme, Ha,Ha. All kidding aside my vote, do what you want we are building Stingrays on a Rat Rod bike site, Scratches add character. Painting this time of year can be a pain, I have two bikes myself that need paint work and they are on the back burner till spring. To cold to paint outside and too smelly to paint inside. It's all for fun so for what its worth use what you got I am sure it will look good either way. By the way likely the white walls, those always look cool on the old Stingrays. I have a sky blue one with them, check out my avatar.

I saw your avatar! Nice! How many stingrays do you have? I have four that need finishing three of them pictured in this thread. :mrgreen:
The others can be seen in the stingray thread. I will wait to see what BlackDiamond says before posting pics, but I put my parts on the already painted coaster frame.

No problem with use the one speed :D

Im goin to repaint mine in my auto body class, with the left over '11 dodge charger paint i have, im no professional, but itll be the best its looked since'70, i just wanted a new quality paint so it will last a long time, that and you dont see black charcoal stingrays much :mrgreen:

That is gonna look sweet man. you will have to take pics with a charger 8)
I will post a couple progress pics soon.

photo-18.jpg

the paint i used. Couldnt decide what color to paint blue? purple? copper? this one does it all. But it is really soft.

photo-16.jpg

photo-19.jpg

Still have some things to do to it.

Latest posts

Back