Black Phantom for $80

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MazdaFlyer said:
Frame paint looks to nice to media blast, just try some clean up first. My 2 cents.

Man, I'm a stickler about neatness and nice finishes. I'm in commercial construction and keep my tools in pristine condition. I do use them though, hard. I've gone as far as powder coating some pipe wrenches when they show the first sign of paint wear or rust. I know it's the original paint, but man when you powder coat a bike that was a rusting hulk and stand back to see that smooth finish and gleem, gives me goosbumps! If I do powder coat the Phantom, I would do the whole thing in black, then come back with enamel in an airbrush to do the red. Then after all the waterslide stickers and pinstripes, I'd clearcoat the entire thing. I'm sure some of the purists are cringing right now, but each bike on here is beautiful in it's own way, and a reflection of the person that poured their heart into it. I will try the cleaning first though.

Roly...

mooseknuckle2000 said:
that's a steal! Very cool bike. Isn't it weird that it's a '51 that's not skiptooth though?
in those years skiptooth schwinns were seen as more for lower end models being that the phantom was one of the top of the line bikes it used a regular drivetrain i dont know the reasoning behind it :p

Back