BK Project Bike: Ace of Clubs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

Finished yet another build. This bike was an old "Western Flyer" all rusted up. But I saw the potential in it and ALOT of shiny chrome parts :D .
Build took about 5 days.. The theme behind it was a drag bike I saw a while back. Found some sweet really inspiring stuff and put together this bike HINTING at the drag race lifestyle. Check it out and leave some comments!

Nescessary steps
-Stripped down
-Sandblasted
-Cleaned
-CUT THE SEAT POST OFF =D
-Fixed the super bent back tire
-Cleaned ALL the chromies
-Painted
-Polished Bearings

And spent some cash on some new "Classic" items...
-Handlegrips
-Speedometer THAT WORKS HA
-Pedals
-Rear wheel cover
-Red Bulls.....

Before:
DSCF0648.jpg

After: (Took the pics at the always loud National Trail Raceway!)

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

A5.jpg

A1.jpg

A6.jpg

Yea it has this old liscense plate on it... But it expired December 31st... 1964 8)

I like how the bike cleaned up, and how shiny everything got. But one thing, your forks are bent.

i was gonna ask the same thing. are they bent to heck or posed to look like that?

the bike looks fantastic, but bent forks are very dangerous. (a lesson learned from experiance)
fatigued metal is be a real b****.

Forks were bent to begin with. But I liked how it added flow to the overall frame. And the bike wasn't built to ride it's more of a showroom piece. One of those "Id like a real nice bike in my office" type of orders.. But yeah I could always grab another fork if the customer wants to ride it.

I dunno man... Bike looks like it was built to ride. But that fork... I would liked to have seen actually BUILT to be ridden, not just look the part. It looks awesome, don't get me wrong. I would cruise it... If it was cruiseable. That fork is a liability though...

Thanks for the comments!! The customer was estatic with the final and instantly hopped on the bike and rode around on it for a bit. So OUT OF COURTESY for their safety Im going to provide them with a NEW FORK!!

I appreciate the support!
-Sean Specht

good plan! i'm sure the customer will remember you going above and beyond when it comes to making the next purchase.

besides, the customer might have felt alittle burned if he found out later that he was sold a bike with bent forks.

great looking ride.

Cool! Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything, but I just saw huge safety/reliablity issues with that fork, especially if you were intending on selling it. It's a mean looking bike though. One I would be stoked to cruise around town on. Keep up the good work. :mrgreen:

BrigmasterA said:
Cool! Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything, but I just saw huge safety/reliablity issues with that fork, especially if you were intending on selling it. It's a mean looking bike though. One I would be stoked to cruise around town on. Keep up the good work. :mrgreen:
No offense taken. It made sense and was a valid statement. Thank you!

This bike is hot! It just gave ideas for my next build, plus i was always wondering about putting my fender like that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

J.Steen Customs said:
just cool..
how many bikes you sales allready?

A couple... :wink: I like your bike with the huge handbrake! Cool stuff.

Dan Jose said:
This bike is hot! It just gave ideas for my next build, plus i was always wondering about putting my fender like that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks! Glad I could help

Back