Bittersweet day (Updated, this fixable?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost my dad today... he never got to see any of the bikes I had done.. something I really wish he could of. But he did enjoy listening to me talk about them. I kept telling him my dream bike is a vintage Huffy tandem (I'm a Huffy kid at heart)

my friend at the scrapyard i pick sends this photo just now... going out to grab it next week.

20111222130727.jpg

Re: Bittersweet day

Sorry for your loss
The tandem looks like a cool project in the making and nicely symbolic of friendship and togetherness...

Sorry about your loss right at christmas time. I lost my mom 15 years ago a week before christmas Tony

...when you ride it, your dad will be rite with you.

Sorry for your loss. my dad is just about to go also,when I was a kid, he got my first two bikes for free and fixed them up with me helping. I just turn 50 in OCT.Theres something about fathers,kids and bikes. take care

So very sorry for your loss..i lost my pop's five years ago..and not a day goes by that i don't miss him..as everybody has said..remember the good times and know you will see him again someday..and as with mine, he will be guiding you through the rest of your adventures...

Sorry for your loss. My dad passed last week, Dec. 16. It is rough this time of year. We'll get through it. Gary

Sorry for your loss, Nice tandem project there. I'm sure he's smiling down on this build.

I only really pick one scrapyard, and it's in Carrollton.. my friend just happens to be part owner of it so I get first dibs on any bike they get... mostly donate the kids bikes away and keep the cruisers I find

and many thanks for all the kind words from all of you here..
hoping this will keep my mind occupied :?

sorry for both of your losses, I feel your pain. Lost my pops a year ago this past Dec. 15th. good luck restoring the tandem.

Sorry about your Dad. You should build up the bike as a tribute, I'm sure he would love it.

I am truly sorry t hear your dad passed as we all know kids bikes and fathers are like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches they just are ment to be together. I have lost almost 13 family members and very close friends this year due to the economy, drugs,cancer, u name it. So i definitely know how you feel. Now is the time to reflect on all the good times you had and cherish the memories of your loved one. and now there is no better way but to build your dream bike in their honor! It will be therapeutic, as well as pride building. I cant wait to see the bike when its done if you choose to build it.

Back