Bikes with racks, bags, crates etc

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture033-1.jpg

Is that a convertible Fiero?

broncks-black-large.jpg

These Bowery Lane bikes come with crates.

yeah, if you're into fieros, i think it's one of the cars that ohio dealership had converted. trying to get my waterpump changed out on it right now (or something leaking coolant in that spot. hard to tell without taking off all the stuff that converges right there).

edit: guess i could add a little nicer pic of it.

Picture008-1.jpg

I don't have many pictures of this bike because it was my very first build. This was before RRB came into the picture.

Pugsfirstbike-01.jpg

Twin hockey stick shaped tubes each side of bikes top tube. These were wedged in with plywood and wood spacers and screwed and bolted together. Covered with cedar clapboards to cover the uglies. Bike was parted out to make other bikes after it was replaced with the new Pug Trike which stills sports the spiffy blue plastic tub.

GL

Here's a pic of my Trek classic with a big Wald basket on the back.

TREKwithBASKET.jpg

At first I was hesitant to get this big basket. I was worried I'd look like a dork riding around with a big shopping cart attached to the back of my bike....but after getting it, I'm very happy to have it. I've been running errands to the grocery store and generally looking for excuses to take the bike out. I STILL may look like a dork, but the usefullness of the basket coupled with the sheer fun of having them on the bike makes me not care about what I look like riding it. Plus oddly enough, no passing motorist has yelled anything at me SINCE I put the baskets on. Maybe they think I'm "special" now and feel sorry for me. :D :shock: At any rate, I give the big Wald two thumbs up!

Social Reject said:

TREKwithBASKET.jpg

At first I was hesitant to get this big basket. I was worried I'd look like a dork riding around with a big shopping cart attached to the back of my bike....but after getting it, I'm very happy to have it. I've been running errands to the grocery store and generally looking for excuses to take the bike out. I STILL may look like a dork, but the usefullness of the basket coupled with the sheer fun of having them on the bike makes me not care about what I look like riding it. Plus oddly enough, no passing motorist has yelled anything at me SINCE I put the baskets on. Maybe they think I'm "special" now and feel sorry for me. :D :shock: At any rate, I give the big Wald two thumbs up!
:lol: I'm laughing with you...

Took the wife and grand daughter out on the rail trail with enough drinks and snacks for 8 people in the basket I swiped from my build off folder. This was the farthest we've ridden the ratty caddy, about 10 miles.

rkd73m.jpg

Here is the box on the "Star Chief". You know, the girl has to have a place to put her stuff, when she rides.
And it holds the batteries for the taillights.
star1.jpg

Those are three gorgeous bikes, any of the other two for sale?

Hammond Eggz said:
The '61 Columbia
009-1.jpg

The '57 RoadMaster
001-5.jpg

The '69 Panther
098.jpg

My Mother's Nishiki Garden Art display... flowers out of season apparently, but at the right time of year the basket is overflowed with flowers.

4590626709_2e07c1b89e_b.jpg

cruisehard said:
Social Reject said:

TREKwithBASKET.jpg

I want one like this , please tell me the model number and where you got it.
Thanks!! :mrgreen:

Exocet98 said:
cruisehard said:
Social Reject said:

TREKwithBASKET.jpg

I want one like this , please tell me the model number and where you got it.
Thanks!! :mrgreen:
http://www.waldsports.com/index.cfm/wald570-520-535rearcarriers.html :wink:

basket.jpg

This Wald basket did a Tour-of-Duty. According to the guy I got it from, it started on a bike in Washington state (USA), then went to Korea while he was in the military. Attached to a bike there that was ridden by many GIs to local PX... "basket holds 2 cases". Made its way back to the Northwest where it now resides.

here's mine, Jackson pollock style
IMG_0041c.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock: 8)

jaba13 said:
My grocery hauler from the anything goes build off
I-64bikeday016.jpg

This is an awesome bike! .. I've been wanting to do something similar, and get the weight out of the steering without going full-on cycle truck, but just haven't figured it all out yet.. this is inspiring.

Latest posts

Back