Bikes to UGANDA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I donated one of these bikes and my time gratis servicing, adjusting and spiffing both of them from ground up
One scrapper's trash is another person's lifeline.
My buddy Matt is taking these along with a shipping container filled with goodies on a mission trip to some of the poorest spots there in one month. Not necessarily to make one boy, or one girl happy, but most likely they will be shared, in some village where a bike costs as much as a new 'hut' to live in.
Ugandans are hard working clever people, desperately poor, who often build trailers for these bikes from anything they find.. add racks..use them to haul water, produce, crops, bricks or even carry a few passengers around.oh,and also for fun too :happy:..
I think bike people are the some of the best people around sometimes.
Next trip he goes on, we're shooting for six bikes.
:thumbsup:
franco
ugandssssa.jpg

That's great glad to see you getting involved . making a difference in someone else's life with you time and talents. Bikes people are some awesome & passionate people for sure.
I also had i similar idea about a year ago and just recently came true . My self & a friend of mine who is a pastor , missionary & Vietnam veteran. We were able to collect about 35 bicycles. They weren't new and needed work . I worked on all of them and tuned all of them up & strip off unnecessary equipment hand brakes and extra parts that would just cause problems . We were able to get them flown over in a old bomber plane . They went to a orphanage in the Bahamas. We also sent about 5 adult bikes that were able to go to villagers . It's all started as my idea I would have never imagined it could be pulled off . But when Gods hands are in it nothing is to big . [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great glad to see you getting involved . making a difference in someone else's life with you time and talents. Bikes people are some awesome & passionate people for sure.
I also had i similar idea about a year ago and just recently came true . My self & a friend of mine who is a pastor , missionary & Vietnam veteran. We were able to collect about 35 bicycles. They weren't new and needed work . I worked on all of them and tuned all of them up & strip off unnecessary equipment hand brakes and extra parts that would just cause problems . We were able to get them flown over in a old bomber plane . They went to a orphanage in the Bahamas. We also sent about 5 adult bikes that were able to go to villagers . It's all started as my idea I would have never imagined it could be pulled off . But when Gods hands are in it nothing is to big . [emoji3]

Way to go G-Matt...that's yuuuuuge.
that's going to change a lot of peoples lives right there
Proud o' you, bro...
:thumbsup:
franco

I just had an idea and the skills to work on the bikes . Pastor Bobby had all the connections and God was in control of it all . It' is awesome I hope those kids are learning to ride & work on the bikes with big smiles . Another generation of Ratters is born . Pastor Bobby named this mission
Born again bikes .

Back