Bikes, Cruise Ships ... I wonder ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Has anyone ever taken your bike along on a cruise ship ??? So ya could see the sights when you port ??? Can this be done ??
Can ya can ya can ya ??

LOL, yea kinda like renting a girlfriend, just wouldn't B the same.
Have you ever tried to rent a bicycle in Topolabomo or say Guymas Mexico.... LOL GOOD Luck senior.
Been there , done that .

Again , anybody ever take a bike on a cruise ship ??

this topic came up before on here, but i forget who it was and how it turned out. myself, id probably buy a cranbrook to take in case something happened to it. then build it up when you get home. just an idea.

This is for a Ferry :wink: They lean them against a wall inside the ship where they park the cars :mrgreen: I did that with my family when we went to Block Island :D

I took my bike on board ship plenty, but it wasn't a "cruise" ship!
IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

This bike has been all over the U.S.(including Hawai'i), Mexico, Panama, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, UAE, Bahrain, Yemen, Fiji, Australia ....

I saw it done in Hawaii... Actually, it was one of the ship employees that had their mountain bike. One of the days it seemed like half the ship's staff had shore leave and somebody was taking their bike on the shore tender craft.
I thought it was a darned good idea actually.

Yes Mr Tailwinds , I too saw a bicycle on the gangplank. Do the employees/crew get special privlages??
A folding bike just wouldn't do.

My Pappy taught me that anything worth doing, is worth doing rite........ Lou Lou & I would have to take our favorite custom 3 x 24 vintage customs..... or nothing at all. We would have a crowd everywere we went/ stoped. Kinda part of why I would do it would be for all the smiles & grins along the trail.

The Roadmaster prettymuch nailed it rite on the head. Sleeping in a strange bed would b bad enough ... riding a strange bike around mexico.......not
Hey, you know .........It hurts to be cool lol.

I also had a world cruiser when I was in the Navy. Hercules 3 speed, fairly light and maintenance free. It is better to have your own bike,
I rented and borrowed bikes on my first overseas cruise, my own bike was much better.

I bought an orange BSA folder in Perth, Australia and had to jump 3 feet to the gangway from the ferry with it strapped to my back because the seas were rough in the harbor. That was crazy but they didn't stop me.

lyxe0.jpg

When ?? lol are they vintage ... did they come in differnt colors ?? ... will they fit mine ???

Back