Bike rack sucks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Schwinn cruiser does not really fit on my rack, which sucks because it almost breaks the plastic mounting brackets when I tie it down. Seems its only for road and mountain bikes. I need to make something so it works, anyone else have this issue with their racks and found a fix?? any help is really appreciated!

How about some pics so we know what you're dealing with? :wink: :D

I was concerned about this when I bought my rooftop rack, so I took along my girlfriend's Felt Claire (which has the fattest rubber and longest wheelbase of all of our bikes) when I bought my roof mounted rack, because I was wary of the 'it fits all bikes' salespitch. :wink:

I had this problem with my 29er. I ended up investing in a "bike beam", kind of a temporary top tube...
p3k.jpg

That is the problem I am having. I have seen those but was wondering if they were safe? my bike weighs 40lbs I will post pic later today. I am using a long goose n seat post and thought it might not be that sturdy...

I've used it a few times and had no problems yet. 8)

Latest posts

Back