bike junkyard in Denver?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of years ago I found my way to a scrapyard or metals recycler in the industrial area in North Denver. They had a bunch of bikes inside a warehouse and a load more on the roof! Unfortunately I don't remember the name or exact location.
The project I'm contemplating would benefit from a couple of donor bikes got cheap-cheap. I've searched the forums but haven't found anything yet. If anybody knows of a 'bike junkyard' or scrapyard in the Denver area, please post up!
Thanks RRB'ers.

Hey Cubewano,
I live over in Centennial. I have not heard of what you speak of. There is a guy on Craigslist called Lux Low Riders over in Golden that has a ton of old bikes. He might know. Boy, if I knew of this place, I'd be there all the time. There is also a place called the Derailler Bike Collective. http://www.derailerbicyclecollective.org/ They have tons of old stuff and help you build a bike (mainly if you're a kid or really poor). There is a couple of shops that are clunker/cruiser friendly, Cycle Analyst and another small shop on Pearl that I can't remember their name. Here is a link from the DBC kids of places to find stuff. http://www.derailerbicyclecollective.or ... abike.html

Thanks Ratdaddy - I bet the place on Pearl is Singletrack Factory - they've been there about forever, and they seem to not follow the herd like most bike shops (cough >performance< ). I'll look into the others you mention. It may wind up that I just keep haunting garage sales until I find the stuff that I need.

A guy named Brian used to have a shop under the downtown Colorado Ave. bridge in C. Springs. Old complete bikes, frames, and parts covered the walls and celling (about the size of a barn). He had to close shop a few months ago, but I imagine he still has all the bikes (and parts) stored somewhere. Plus he's a wealth of knowledge. Last I heard (from the local alternative newspaper Newspeak) he was working at Old Town Bikes which is on Tejon at Cimmaron (also downtown). They've got the performance thing going on there and a few of their employees look funny when I come in. But a handfull are at least open to the idea of a steel cruiser. If you're looking for something specific it might be worth giving Old Town a call to try and get in touch with Brian.

Latest posts

Back