Bike ID help please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new to the site and I'd like to know what kind of bike/year this skiptooth is? The rear coaster is stamped JC Higgins, but I don't know if it's the original wheel. I don't think the bars that came on it are stock. Thank you in advance for your help! Tom :D

IMG00334.jpg

It looks like a 24" Cleveland Welding built bike from approximately 1949-1954. The full serial number on the bottom of the crank hanger should be able to date it more closely.

That is a Cleveland Welding serial number. With an H the time period can be narrowed down to roughly early 1949 through late 1951. There should be a Cw, or an ACw symbol folowing the number (the w is small and appears to be in the mouth of the C) with a Cw suffix the bike is probably from the early end of that range and with an ACw it is likely from late 1951.

mines a hiawatha, but i had to buy it from someone else. it is a headbadge that would go on there though.
DSCN6196.jpg

Back