bike help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a quick help..
have you ever trying to remove a handlebar and spring fork from a women's spaceliner or flightliner? I have a seller that don't know nothing about bikes ,and he is trying to part out a bike for me, what tips I should give him? he is asking ,what he is doing wrong? that he can't get her loose...

The stem has to come off first. loosen the bolt at the top of the stem. Pull out the stem. If the stem will not move, back out the bolt about a 1/4"- 1/2" and wack it with a block of wood or something. This will free up the wedge nut and the stem should come out.

Next loosen the top nut on the steerer tube, use a large adjustable wrench as channel locks will scrape up the nut. Remove the nut.
Then remove the adjuster nut below it. The fork should drop out. In a pinch, should be able to use a large flat head screwdriver and hammer to knock out the headset cups.

Or, if the frame is junk, he could just hack saw off the headtube and ship the whole thing :wink:

Hope this helps

Walker said:
The stem has to come off first. loosen the bolt at the top of the stem. Pull out the stem. If the stem will not move, back out the bolt about a 1/4"- 1/2" and wack it with a block of wood or something. This will free up the wedge nut and the stem should come out.

Next loosen the top nut on the steerer tube, use a large adjustable wrench as channel locks will scrape up the nut. Remove the nut.
Then remove the adjuster nut below it. The fork should drop out. In a pinch, should be able to use a large flat head screwdriver and hammer to knock out the headset cups.

Or, if the frame is junk, he could just hack saw off the headtube and ship the whole thing :wink:

Hope this helps

great!!!! this is what I am need! thanks!:)

Back