bike headlight for us VW guys

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm not sure why VW's and bikes go hand in hand so frequently. I know I've used tons of VW parts on my bikes. So while I'm sure this has probably been done a hundred times , I haven't seen it, so here goes. An old VW reverse light can be mounted pretty easily on about any bracket, while you may have to drill out the hole a bit. Just swap the 12V bulb to 6V (unless the light comes from a 6V) By the way, a VW brake adjuster makes a perfect mounting nut and looks a little more industrial. You don't see square headlights too often on bikes. I think it's a cool mod that keeps it old-school but looks very different. I'll try to get the pic of it on the bike, but the camera batteries need to charge and this is the only pic I had
SANY0550.jpg
Also, these lights have plenty of room in them for an LED conversion. Plus you have the added "HELLA made in germany " lense

I think the guy John Brain from BikeRodnKustom used those in the 1970s. sounds like a good option for bikes.

I am a vw enthusiast, I think that using reverse light is a great idea. My plan is to also use the amber fog light, I hope that it can be converted to LED

I'd love to use an amber fog light as well. Really anything can be converted to led, you just have to be creative about how you mount the led inside the bulb socket. But anytime you have the room to put an led and battery it's going to work.

Back