Bike finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a busy couple weeks as far as bike collecting goes. So far here is the list, picking up 7-10 more this weekend. 1953 24" Schwinn Spitfire boys bike 15.00 from the junkyard, stuck 80 into a set of S-7's with a 3 red band Bendix 2 spd hub and good condition nos tires and it is a rider. Sears Spaceliner score from Ebay. Sears Flightliner from joseywales on here. Schwinn straightbar 26" tank bike w/ tank, truss rods, and rack,and nice original tires, Hawthorne mens w/ truss rods, Schwinn Phantom girls (all from original owners). I am picking up 3 old bikes from a barn tomorrow, 2 are supposed to be Schwinns. Getting 5 more Sunday and at least 3 are mens Schwinns. It is looking like it will be a busy winter. I am still trying to figure how I fell into all these. As soon as I can get pics into the girlfriends computer, I'll post some pics.
Jeff

To be honest, I want to keep them all, except for the ones I am getting this weekend. I have not seen all of them yet, just got calls and emails about picking them up. They are all free this weekend. It started when my uncle stopped over while I was out in the driveway, sandblasting a frame. He told his wife, who has a daughter cleaning out their old homestead. That is todays bike load. Tomorrows load happened via a craigslist reply. I picked up 6 mountain bike frames that someone was giving away "curb alert" style. Since there was no one there to talk to, I thanked them via a reply and said if they have any more parts or bikes to let me know. 3 weeks later a different person saw my reply and offered me 5 bikes and a big bucket of parts, on the condition that I must take them all. This is tomorrows load. I have seen some of them, at least 3 are mens Schwinn cruisers.
As far as pics go, I'll have to upload them to my girlfriends computer once I pick them all up. I have a Mac and my software is too old to use the photoshop site, according to the last time I tried..lol Need to update I guess..lol
B607 I could email you pics of the Spaceliner and tomorrows load. Pm me your email and I'll try sending them to you.
Jeff

Sounds like you're hooked. I had to install hooks along a 2 x 4 to hang all my bikes in the garage, with extra frames hidden up in the rafters.

Just got the straightbar home, judging from the serial #(B34398) and the Schwinn catalog it is a 1953 Hornet. The 2 freebies today turned out to be a Huffy girls mountain bike and a Schwinn 24" Speedster with the 3 speed rear hub.

My other haul turned out okay. 8 bikes , 6 are mens, 6 are Schwinn, 1 Huffy, and 1 Mercier mens racing bike. Out of the Schwinns, there was a 24" Typhoon and a 26" American, the rest are 10 spds. I am fixing up the Mercier for sure, the license plate on it was from 84. Some of the Schwinns are donating parts to it...lol

Latest posts

Back