Bike Collecting Totally Insane

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really a sickness. To have bikes everywhere and still buying more. I have a couple that are apart in the restoration mode ,parts laying everwhere that you can put something. Have them hanging from everywhere. When is enough going to be enough? There is always just one more good deal that you just cant pass up because you think they dont make those anymore. Or man thats cheap. The salesperson at the hardware store thinks im and old tagger. he says nobody uses that much spray paint without writing on something. I dont have time for anything but the little ride you do when your buying another new bike to make sure it works ok. Which dosent really matter I'm going to buy it anyway. Help!! I have a bicycle on my back. :shock:

I told my wife i wasnt going to buy anymore bikes ,last week. So far I have bought two more. I envision my wife and I laying dead in a pile of bikes , that we got tangled up in while trying to escape a burning house. All the neighbors will be standing around saying they would have made it out, if he just didnt put all those bikes in his garage.

Yep. I've become one of those people that I always said I would never become. Why couldn't it have been salt & pepper shakers or something that takes up less room.
Some times I get so mad when I'm tripping over bikes, knocking them down, trying to get to stuff I need to do things that need to be done. But I can't stop.
I'd really like build another shed for more storage but I'm holding off because I know I'd just fill it up and be in the same predicament as I am now.

Oh and it's the wife that tells me I'm not buying anymore bikes.

I'm collecting for my estate sale which is going to be awesome! You're all invited.

this site is a great enabler though. When I joined in December, I had far fewer bikes. I've basically gotten a new Spaceliner for every month I've been on a member on this site. Not to mention a few others. But I ain't quittin anytime soon, and there is nothing anyone can do to change my mind :)

We're recycling and we get somethin out of it. Relaxation, hobbie, empty garage filler!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Uncle Stretch said:
parts laying everwhere that you can put something. Have them hanging from everywhere

That's why I am *trying* to whittle it down to a couple of bikes I really want to have and only two projects going at a time. It finally got to me, it was getting ridiculous. After last summer and the fallout of parts from that season, I can't do it again, it gets to the point where all you are doing is moving stuff around all of the time. Until I have a warehouse (or at least a shipping container) I have to lay off.

Hugo said:
Talk is cheap, I wanna see pictures! :D

Hugo

here's a recent pic of my living room. It's hard to walk through there sometimes...

2512639867_b5a5db1058.jpg

Back