Bike Builders In Michigan?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm here in the "thumb" of Michigan, but I'm wondering if there are any groups of bike builders anywhere in Michigan? Not necessarily a club but :lol: builders that get together and swap ideas?

Right now I'm the goofy old guy with the weird bicycles....that's OK with me but I'm just looking for some other weirdos! :lol:

Can't talk for the rest of the wierdos, but I'd be interested in meeting up for a ride or two sometime this spring or summer. Where abouts you from? I know the thumb, but where would you wanna ride? I'm sure we can come up with something.

If you don't mind wondering into the palm of the mitten or other parts, there's a bunch of rides coming up.
Check out this place ...
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... 18023a4d59
We are constantly adding new stuff throughout the year.
The FreakBike Militia is not an actual club, but a group that gets together to ride at least once a month. No dues, no real leader and no bull, just a bunch of fun. Any bike is welcome, but we prefer you have a customized ride or as the guys say, "put your Freak on it"! Most of our rides are 5 to 12 miles long and are rode at a slow pace. If you ride too fast people can't see how cool you and your bike are! We do ride all over the state and even ventrure into Canada once every so often. No obligations other than to make new friends, show off your bike and enjoy the ride! Ages range from 4 years old (sometimes) on up to 72 (sometimes). Most of the guys and girls are mid 20s to mid 50s.
Hope to ride with you sometime soon,
Chainsaw

quote="Chainsaw"]f you don't mind wondering into the palm of the mitten or other parts, there's a bunch of rides coming up.
Check out this place ...
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... 18023a4d59[/quote].

I am in Lapeer I am really interested in going to the shows I saw on the schedule.

Thanks for the info, I'm just waiting for the OK to post.

Gigs won't let me mess with the boards controls, but I'll make sure that her or H__ let you in by Monday night. Gigs' Aunt Lou works at CNS by the hospital last I knew.
We plan on riding in Davison alot this year. Probably on Wed. Nights. Gigs brother lives there.
Owosso St. Pat's ride this coming Sunday! The Owosso Peddlers Rock!

Hey Backward Bob, Did you ever get a chance to go in that old junkyard on US24 in Lapeer? I heard it got auctioned off a few years ago. I went in there years ago when I owned my 64 Ford Fairlane. The gentleman that owned it was in his late 80's but he was smart as a whip . He knew where everything in that junkyard was located. He told me there was nothing newer than 1970 in that place, it was an amazing collection. He even had bicycles and pedal cars there and Busses filled with the parts inventorys of old closed down dealerships that he purchased back in the day. That place holds a special place in my heart and memories that can never be replaced.

TommyTwoTime said:
Oh goodie :lol: I didnt miss that ride. Hey Chainy I cant find directions.... OK really Im to lazy to look for the directions can you send me a map or just link me to the right page. Pleaaaaaasssssssseeeeeee Buddy...I think I can make it for St Pattys.

Hey ya go Tommy ....

http://www.fbmgreatlakes.com/FreakMaps.html

Sorry it took so long to post. Hope to see you all there!

hey chainy just though id let ya know, butcher rides! its nice and smooth. i had to replace the chain tensioner with a cut-down derailluer, and all i need now is a new tube for the back tire. :D not to jack the thread, just an update.

TommyTwoTime said:
Thanks Man! What time do you guys an gals start arriving? They're calling for rain so lets hope that the weathermen are wrong again. Looking forward to getting out and riding.

If I can jump in here, some start arriving by 12:30, if not a little before, others not until around the 1:00 mark. Last ride got underway cloer to 1:30, if I remember correctly, after everyone had a chance to chat a bit and make sure evryone was ready to roll.

Shaggy

I realized the map sends you a little differently from what most of us go.

Once on I69 (west of I75), take I69 to 52 this should be exit 105. head north on 52 until you come to Owosso's Main Street. Turn west and it's down a couple of blocks. Once you see the House of wheels look across the street. The Rainbow bar is the second storefront from the corner. Look for Bikes out front! Parking is available on the side street just before the bar.
Hope to see you guys there!

Errrrrr! :? Sorry Im not going to be able to make the St Pattys ride. I blew out my elbow doing so hammering in an odd position on thursday. :x Riding is not a problem but the whole being able to steer thing has me a bit worried and then having my 2 little ones with me. So we'll have to hook up at the next ride.

Tommy, Hope you feel better!
Hey BackWards, sorry to hear about everyone getting sick. Hopefully you guys can come out for the next one! thanks for calling Gigs to let us know.
You guys missed a great ride. Pics are starting to show up on FBN. Gigs and I took our mountain bikes cause they were already loaded from our Friday ride. Most of the Freaks that showed rolled on their Freakiness. Karen came over from Canada and made this an International ride.
Missed you guys and the kids.

Watch both boards for the next ride date! Probably before Easter!

Latest posts

Back