Bike Art Show in Cleveland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CALL FOR ENTRIES:
182826_10150145040159188_189220719187_8189011_5051776_n.jpg

Pedaling Art at Wall Eye Gallery
5304 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, OH
May 20 – June 5, 2011

Wall Eye Gallery is looking for artists to contribute to the juried exhibition Pedaling Art, a celebration of bicycle culture through art and design.

We are accepting works in all media including: photography, painting, sculpture and installation. We are looking for visual art, wearable art and crafts that have been made from recycled bike parts or that have a bike focus.

Altered and customized bikes are also welcome!

Please submit an image of your work and a short description to [email protected]. Include dimensions, title and media and use the subject "Pedaling Art"

• Wednesday, March 9 & March 23, 2011, 5:00-8:00 pm: Bike part raid and art workshops at Ohio City Bicycle Co-op for those in need of parts for their submissions.
• Friday, April 8, 2011: Submission Deadline
• Saturday & Sunday, May 14 & 15, 2011: Art Drop Off
• Friday, May 20, 2011: Opening Reception
• Saturday May 21, 2011: Bike Auction/Sale/Parts Swap

Thanks for the warm welcome! I live in heights, work downtown and I'm a partner at Wall Eye Gallery on the Detroit Shoreway. I've been riding forever, but joined the forum about a month ago after scoring a Sears Spaceliner from Craigslist.

We're really excited about the show. Feel free to pass on the Call for Entries to anyone who may be interested.

The Facebook event is http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165630800153292

Bike Part Raid for Art!

Today and March 23, 2011, 5:00-8:00 pm: Bike part raid and art workshops at Ohio City Bicycle Co-op for those in need of parts for their submissions.

Ohio City Bicycle Co-op
1840 Columbus Road
Cleveland Ohio 44113

OCBC is at 1840 Columbus Road, about 1/2 mile south of Downtown Cleveland, in the "Flats," right next to the new Riverbend park. Columbus Road runs north from West 25th Street (between I-90 and the West Side Market), across the river, and ends at Carter Road/Canal Rd./R. Lockwood Jr. Street, just below downtown. We're on the west side of the street (on the left if facing downtown), in a brick and metal building between the railroad tracks and the Columbus Rd bridge.

Our entrance is in the rear of the building. Here is how to get there from the door on Columbus Rd. (which is in the "back" of the shop, so we won't hear if you knock on it...):

Go (south) toward the bridge. Turn right onto Merwin Ave, just before the bridge. Turn right into the gate with our banner on the fence. Look for the open dock door (door #2). Park your car, or ride your bike up the ramp and use the rack that you'll find on the dock (and your lock!).

Back