Big Electra Collection

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I placed a wanted ad on my local Craigslist to try and help my brother find a 3 speed cruiser. I used some pictures of some bikes I already owned in the ad. The ad was "wanted Electra / Felt cruiser". Anyway, it's been up a month and we've already found him a bike... But I leave it up anyway, just in case something else turns up. I get a message yesterday wanting to know what I pay for bikes... Blah blah blah... Turns out the guy has a couple
28519.jpeg
28530.jpeg

Holy Cow! I troll Craigslist and FB marketplace every day looking for Electras. I now have 4. Picking up another this weekend. I wish I was closer! What's his avg price? The most I paid was $150, the least was $50.

This is the only one I have , it's been on Clist for what seems like a year , very few hits for only 100.bux and people still try and talk me down , lol .

1222151617a.jpg

Yes, he's in California ( same guy with the sand rockabilly in the box). I think the only reason he responded to my "wanted" ad is because he "wanted" to buy my Sand Rockabilly. He kept asking if I had any Electra parts for sale... he sent pictures of his stockpile of Electra parts too. I kind of doubt that he's going to sell me anything... I told him that I don't like to pay any more than half of what one cost when it was new. I've paid anywhere from $50 for a 7 speed townie to $500 for a delivery.

I think he said he was about 20 minutes away from Disneyland.

This style of bike rarely shows up for sale in my part of the country. If they do it seems that they are in one of two conditions. Left out in the rain and beat all to pieces, or never ridden and the seller wants what he paid for it new.

I like bikes... and I'm always looking for that next "great deal". My budget is limited as well as my storage situation... I doubt that I'm buying anything from this person :bigsmile:

I think ive visited this guys place. He does try to maximum value for his stuff and knows someone out there will pay it.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I have a few Electras, OG Dynos, bikes from 30's to present. Anyone can hit me up and ask if i have a particular bike. Might be selling some but might not list, kewp in the "rat rod family" if i can.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

The last bike that I had shipped left a bad taste in my mouth... I'm not saying I won't have another shipped... but, it's not my first choice either :bigsmile:

I have a few Electra's and Felt's as well as a couple Dyno's. I've been keeping my collection at the 11-13 mark... that's a manageable number for me and my little garage. I had gotten up to about 30ish at one point. I couldn't do anything in the building without moving a bike. I got pissed off one day and sold a bunch to make room. I lost $ on most of them... and didn't care. I wanted my garage back.:bigsmile:

Back