BicycleMotoRat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to buy this bike from the "antique" shop. I don't know why, I just had to have it. Some kid went after it with the spray can, they missed most of the rims.

BMRBefore_zpsedcbc90d.jpg

The spokes were wicked rusty so I painted them, sprayed black on a foam brush, no masking, 15 minutes.

Quickspokepaint_zps65f5928b.jpg

It's getting a triple tree fork, made from an old suspension fork and some heavy frame tubing.

BMRfork_zpsf925440e.jpg

BMRfork2_zps60588132.jpg

I'm getting carried away, I'm thinking of repainting the frame. ::) It's going to get a home made Moto loaf seat at muscle bike height, conduit sissy bar and taller bars. Maybe a chainguard?
Pretty low dollar build.

Having fun, as usual.

I think it's a great start for a build. When I was younger I did builds like this all of the time, before I got a taste for prewar and early postwar stuff. I didn't even know what WWII was about back then. But I did the spoke on one of my stranger builds the way you did. I actually sprayed toward the center but used a brush towards the rim. What is that sprocket? Itlooks like an old exerciser chainring. Cool though. You won't see many like that on other builds.
SANY0094.jpg

Yeah the rims are cool. The chain wheel came on the bike.

Here's the forks, I like how they turned out, never certain.

BMRfork3.jpg

And handlebar precursor

BMRBars.jpg

Thanks for looking.

You need to make a 2 foot seatpost to go along with those cool apes.

Here's the sissy bar. LocoJoe posted a pic of his bike with a sissy bar like that. I don't have a way to bend a nice tight bend for that, and I really like the way it looks. Industrial!

The seat isn't done yet.

BMRSissybar.jpg

BMRSissybardetail.jpg

Well, my wife finished the cover for the seat. Made it from old pants and an inner tube. I made the base from plywood, with some soft foam and a kneeling pad on top.

BMRseat.jpg

This is the bottom, she put a lot of work into it, it came out wicked clean.

BMRseatunderside.jpg

I think the next time we make a seat like this, we'll make the whole cover from inner tubes.

jackdaw said:
Here's the sissy bar. LocoJoe posted a pic of his bike with a sissy bar like that. I don't have a way to bend a nice tight bend for that, and I really like the way it looks. Industrial!

The seat isn't done yet.

BMRSissybar.jpg

BMRSissybardetail.jpg

i totally dig this..
i been thinking about ways of making an entire bike, well most of a bike outta plumbing tubes/joints and or even out of pvc :shock:
the electricial things look cool though man..

'i saw a shopping cart in a ditch on the way to school and i couldnt help but think about those bars you made XD

jackdaw said:
Well, my wife finished the cover for the seat. Made it from old pants and an inner tube. I made the base from plywood, with some soft foam and a kneeling pad on top.

BMRseat.jpg

This is the bottom, she put a lot of work into it, it came out wicked clean.

BMRseatunderside.jpg

I think the next time we make a seat like this, we'll make the whole cover from inner tubes.

I dunno why I missed this build but good idea! Just let you know that sewing can be fun. I know it sound sissy but I literally sewed my own fiftynine hat from scratch. I had a thought about making my own bread loaf seat with fabric out of my old dickies pants too. Thumb up for ur wife.

"I dunno why I missed this build but good idea! Just let you know that sewing can be fun. I know it sound sissy but I literally sewed my own fiftynine hat from scratch. I had a thought about making my own bread loaf seat with fabric out of my old dickies pants too. Thumb up for ur wife."

Freddie,
There are lots of guys that sew. I suppose a good amount of them are def not Sissies. It's creativity, not Femininity! Now if they sew dresses for themselves to wear ......., we might be talking about some bad sissification here. Personally, I'd really like to have an Industrial Sewing macine for making Leather bike saddles.

Latest posts

Back