Bicycle show & ride - Aug. 27, Benton Harbor MI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle-Re-Cycle's first Bicycle Show and Ride - Benton Harbor, Mich.
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011. Show from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., followed by a ride of about 5 miles to Benton Harbor's beautiful Jean Klock Park and beach on Lake Michigan and return. Registration starts at 9 a.m.
FOR: Classic cruisers; freak bikes; rat rod bikes; recumbents; vintage 10-speeds, BMX and mountain bikes; tall bikes; low riders; unicycles; your daily ride. If it has pedals, bring it.
WHERE: At Cycle-Re-Cycle, on Main Street in downtown Benton Harbor, behind the Citgo station and across from Michigan Works! Park motor vehicles in MW! lot. (If using mapquest.com or GPS, use MW! address, 499 W. Main St.)
WHAT: Cycle-Re-Cycle Southwest Michigan, started in 2010, is a not-for-profit bicycle shop and organization.  Bicycles are donated, refurbished and sold at affordable prices. People, including kids, who cannot afford to buy a bicycle can earn credits and ultimately a bike by working at the shop. Proceeds from show and ride go to C-R-C.
COST: $1 to enter the bike in the show, plus $1 to participate in the ride. Free to kids 13 and under. If you want to bring bikes and/or parts to sell, the fee is $10.
AWARDS FOR: (1) best original or restored bicycle (no modifications), (2) best modified or custom bike and (3) best “daily ride” (that is, bicycle used for regular transportation or recreational riding). Judging will be “people's choice.”
ALSO: If you have useable bikes and/or parts that you want to donate to Cycle-Re-Cycle, please bring them. Shop will be open regular hours, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Show will be on paved parking lot with no shade, so bring sunscreen, hats, sunglasses and water. Food and beverages available nearby and possibly at the show.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.cycle-re-cycle-swm.org, then click on Facebook page; e-mail [email protected]; or call 269-982-4058.

Wondered where you were!
The show/ride was pretty goodfor a first time. Everything from "I just pulled this out of the trash" to highend road bikes. The people varied as much as their bikes. A great mixture of riders and a lot of cool stories. Gigs and I took two FreakBikes and Gizmo took two Freaks, a recumbent and a really nice Schwinn (I think Suburban). Gizmo won two of the classes his bikes were entered in. And Dan Wilson (a closet Freak) brought out a very cool sand cruiser made out of StingRay Choppers.
There were five or six rat cruisers and a couple of muscle bikes. The rest were everything from Walmart type bikes to big buck cycles.
Big Thanks to Mike and the rest who put on a great time for us all!
My time is kinda jammed but I'll try to post some pics next week and I'll let you guys know where to find them.

Back