Bicycle People?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of bicycle related words that people use for themselves?

Collector
Cyclist
Bike Enthusiast
Enthusiast Biker
Cycler or other words you know for people that love or ride bikes.

I usually only hear those who able to buy bikes for $500 or more that wear bicycle shorts and other things refer themselves as Cyclist.

I do tend to use cyclist to refer to my self but then immediately state "I ride a chopper bicycle." These days it's the chopper or the mountain bike but when I was younger I would do 30 miles in a day on gravel roads to go see friends. I grew up on a farm and became a "cyclist" out of boredom. I wouldn't use that word in particular if I had never ridden for distance or wasn't considering a cheap road bike right now. But distance riding is somewhere deep in my blood. Otherwise, anyone who sees me on my stretched kid's chopper probably calls me eccentric, or immature, or some cross between the two.

:?: :idea: :arrow: builder/customizer :!: :)

I usually refer to myself as a cyclist but collector and other terms work their way in there.

I passed it off the first time, but the second time I was asked if I was an artist it really got me to thinking....
I don't know if being called an artist is a good thing or a bad thing......

Back