Bicycle painting

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a sand blaster but it's messy and I leave that to cars. Most times I use the air craft stripper method. I have also dropped frames off at a local monument/headstone shop and they blasted two frames fenders and guards for $30. Cheaper than actual blasting outfits.

All done painting, tried to get as close to the original green as it was and faded the white into it. I was going to try to get crazy and do the arrow type of thing with the white, but I said screw it. Tell me what you guys think? And suggestions for a clear coat and do you guys typically wet sand or anything before the clear coat?

wet sanding may ruin the fade. I usually only wet sand if the paint is rough. If i can lay down a nice smooth color, i wont sand.

Somewhat finished, still have the chainguard to add and skip wheels. Defiantly didn't come out exactly the way I wanted it to. The fork decals didn't go on quite as nice as I wanted. And i put a couple chips in the paint while reassembling. Still pretty cool looking bike. Thanks for all the help everyone

Looks good. Don't blame you on not doing the arrows on the white. I'm thinking about trying it but need a good guide (measurements) for where to place them.

Thanks. Maybe sometime down the road or I'll redo it. Or maybe I'll try the arrows on another one I need to paint soon.

Back