Bicycle Identification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I need a bit of help identifying this Schwinn bicycle.

http://www.thechainlink.org/photo/photo ... xr7ta2xvo4

I bought it off a guy 17 years ago for 20 bucks. I overhauled everything, repacked the grease etc. I replaced the seat with a Persons leather saddle and the pedals with Persons Supreme's, otherwise it everything else came on the bike. I can't find a serial number on it. I looked on the bottom bracket,but I can't see anything. The decal on the seat tube says "Schwinn Quality Chicago" but it doesn't look too old.

So, what year do you think this bike was manufactured?

Eventually I would like to make a Rat Rod out of this, but I'm not sure if I'd be destroying a collectors item or not.

What is it's value in this condition?

I would search for another one to "Rat out"..That bike is to nice to screw it up... :wink:

Try looking on the head tube for the S/N..

Personally I think the wheel set is junky.

I would enjoy this bike much more if it has a decent set of wheels

Is it a faux pas to put some quality wheels on the bike while keeping the original look?

In the VW world they call it a resto-custom look.

That bike should have a 4 digit code stamped into the head badge. If I read the picture correctly it is 1604 which translates to the 160th day of a year ending in 4 so 1984 or 1994. Either way not super crazy valuable. It is in good shape but if you want to rat it out I'd go for it.

Back