Bicycle Hoarder's Beware ....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is yet another reason I say neighbors need to mind their own buissness collecting bicycles doesn't hurt anyone and if that's what makes him happy then why is that so wrong? Anyone looking in my shed would probably call me a hoarder but my inventory changes from time to time. I trade I sell and I buy more. If I had a bigger shed I'd have lots more. I do keep it contained and hidden for now but when I get a place with a garage or barn or a few semi trailers to put out back I'll have more.
I'm not a hoarder, I'm a collector.

Wife - "you know that would be you..."
Me - No Way! He got to keep 15! I only have 13..." :lol:

Wildcat said:
I better not post any more pics of my garage. The cops might show up!

As I say, I own them.
You don't like them,
don't look at them.
But if you try to steal them,
You'll be buried under them. :wink:

This is one of my main irritants.........
From other hoarders I've seen shots of - this is nothing. He lives alone, it isn't visible to others and impacts no-one else....... so what's their effin' problem?
He helps out others it appears and the place is a lot cleaner than most public buildings that you need to visit to see the anal paperpushers enforcing this crap!
Some people need to get on with having their own life instead of dictating how others choose to live theirs........ self righteous di**s.

Sorry Lloyd - I would've given you garage space if I could've.

I only have 7 and feel still, something is missing! I have a neighborhood association which means the neighbors are entitled to look in my windows, I'll never get to have more.

Oh Wow I got down to 15, wife would love to throw me in jail for 15. I have to say i understand keeping bike,s but he should have sold some stuff. Just to fix other bikes he liked the best. Thanks for sharing that . MB

I completely understand collecting and keeping stuff as long you have the space to do so. If you begin to let your hobby completely take over your living space that then pushes your loved ones away you have a problem.

Its not healthy or normal to have a stronger bond to material things than to your loved ones.

Living under such substandard conditions is the product of a disturbed mind; at the advanced levels, intervention is the only resolution, provided there is continuous follow-up.

A hoarder is displaced by stuff; a collector has a dedicated space for stuff. However, if he were a wealthy man, he would have enough space for his stuff, but because he is economically deprived, his space is insufficient for his stuff – thus, he’s a hoarder.

Is this socio-economic conclusion fair? Well...

ZygoteLittle said:
A hoarder is displaced by stuff; a collector has a dedicated space for stuff.

So at what point is the line crossed? Theoretically speaking... I'm just... asking for a friend, yeah.

Everyone on this site has a little bit of Loyd in them. That's why we're here, more of a support group than anything else.

DIABLO67 said:
Everyone on this site has a little bit of Loyd in them. That's why we're here, more of a support group than anything else.

I agree. Nobody else is as understanding about the 9 bikes in my tiny 3 room apartment as you guys!

yoothgeye said:
ZygoteLittle said:
A hoarder is displaced by stuff; a collector has a dedicated space for stuff.

So at what point is the line crossed? Theoretically speaking... I'm just... asking for a friend, yeah.

streetpirate said:
DIABLO67 said:

I agree. Nobody else is as understanding about the 9 bikes in my tiny 3 room apartment as you guys!

Vonpotter said:
Wait, you said this is from the past? Cuz it looks an awful lot like my future! :lol:

We are indeed an insightful bunch; emblematic – yet with a commonality to another’s discord; it could be said that we are all “Low Level Lloyds” :!: :?: :shock:

Back