Bicycle Heaven , Pittsburgh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
Here are his Ebay stores...you will surely recognize them...
These would be the auctions you came upon during a search and said to yourself...."Crap, that's expensive!"

Yaaaa, nail on the head there :roll: :roll: Lots of us need lots of those parts, but some of those prices are just asinine.

But hey, a man's free to ask whatever prices he wants, especially on the Ebay.

I will offer a slice of purely constructive criticism though. The way he's assembled the item descriptions, habitually using all caps, eye-straining text colors, nearly useless or non-existent actual item description amidst an endless sea of legalese fine print is a MONUMENTAL turnoff. I have never done business with him for that reason alone. That epically convoluted auction text is beyond off-putting.

Beautiful shop/museum though. And yes, that all chrome Firestone gets all smiles from me! :D

Okay, I found the address and am going to head on over for a look-see:

1800 preble ave pittsburgh, PA

One good thing about the prospect of ridiculously high prices...I won't be tempted to buy anything!

BICYCLEHEAVEN MUSEUM IN PITTSBURGH IS ALL FREE NO CHARGE AT ALL,,,,OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK,ITS IN A VINTAGE OLD BUILDING LOL,,ITS RIGHT OFF OF THE NORTH SHORE BIKE TRAIL,,,HAS OVER 150 SCHWINN KRATE BIKES AND EVEN MORE STINGRAY BIKES,,,BIKES FROM 1862 TO THE NEW BIKES,,,,OVER 1000 BIKES THEY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME,,,,,,ITS ALL GOOD,,BICYCLEHEAVEN WILL HAVE A BIKE SHOW SOON,,,I WILL COME UP WITH A DATE,,,CLICK ONTO THE INTERNET BICYCLEHEAVEN CRAIG MORROW FOR NEWS UPDATES,,,THANK YOU,

It was great to meet you on Sunday, Craig!

By the way, I am curious as to why you make your posts and advertisements all in capital letters. As a 30+ year marketing and graphics professional, I can tell you with some authority that the majority of your online audience find the all-capital letters approach to be a real turn-off. Just some friendly advice from a fellow bicycle enthusiast!

Cheers,
Tim

SCHWINNSTORE said:
BICYCLEHEAVEN MUSEUM IN PITTSBURGH IS ALL FREE NO CHARGE AT ALL,,,,OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK,ITS IN A VINTAGE OLD BUILDING LOL,,ITS RIGHT OFF OF THE NORTH SHORE BIKE TRAIL,,,HAS OVER 150 SCHWINN KRATE BIKES AND EVEN MORE STINGRAY BIKES,,,BIKES FROM 1862 TO THE NEW BIKES,,,,OVER 1000 BIKES THEY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME,,,,,,ITS ALL GOOD,,BICYCLEHEAVEN WILL HAVE A BIKE SHOW SOON,,,I WILL COME UP WITH A DATE,,,CLICK ONTO THE INTERNET BICYCLEHEAVEN CRAIG MORROW FOR NEWS UPDATES,,,THANK YOU,

I love the collection... I love the museum and store... I want to forever ban you from using the COMMA key on your keyboard.

It's annoying as anything (can't really say what I think of it on here!) :shock:

Makes people not want to do business with you. Shameless self-promotion is ok, though, since it does help the hobby. The vague descriptions of parts ("FITS SCHWINN") and the mixing of new and vintage parts that seem intended to confuse the buyer are bad business. Deceptive, at least, whether it's meant to be or not.

I'd still love to come to the museum, see the collection, go to a show there, let my jaw hit the floor at the size, quality, and scope of the collection.

--Rob

Latest posts

Back