Better late than never???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better late than never???

Prompted by another thread I went back a year and a half, checked my posts and discovered I had never introduced my self so........

Like many here (I imagine) childhood was a blur of 2nd hand bikes that were torn down, rebuilt, spray bombed, and rebuilt again. Cars and motorcycles replaced bicycles in high school but never were forgotten.

College brought a renewed interest in cycling and an ever changing collection of touring, racing and mountain bikes. Throw in a couple of tandems and a home built triple and all was good till I built my first recumbent in the mid seventies. A friend and I established the Michigan Human Powered Vehicle Association. Since then there was a string of 'bents.

A couple years ago I met Freakbikers, Chainsaw and Giggles, and my fascination with bikes was rekindled.

My collection includes Morticia, a trike "Hearse," a stretched lowered Cranbrook, a '57ish JC Higgins, a '60ish Hiawatha Astroflite, a '60ish Columbia girls bike, my recumbent and a garage full of others and parts enough to keep building for a long time.

I've been reading this forum, drooling over the bikes and talent I find here and yes, posting a few times, with out submitting an introduction. This forum is a tremendous source of information and a great place to be. Thanks to all the Ratters that make this place what it is.

Terry "Gizmo" Gerweck
SE Michigan

Back