Bertrand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingola

Canadian Collection Connoisseur
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up a while ago it's a Bertrand made 1 hour from @MattiThundrrr and I town in Gatineau Quebec. Hand made I bought it off the guys brother.
IMG_20230602_053902142_HDR.jpg

However it's starting to show its age. So I've started restoring it. This maybe a long process. Because I use it every day.

I am absolutely in love with the Bertrand. This bike is extremely important historically as well. It is a very early example of the new generation of mountain bikes with its sloping top tube. This is a handmade frame from Columbus tubing by a Quebec road bike manufacturer. I can not even estimate it's rarity, I'd be surprised if they made more than ten. It rides like a greyhound on too much caffeine.
Also, the guy who sold to Ingola it makes the best Thai food in town.

CST= Chinese S*** Tires
Surprisingly, they're not even the lowest level the company makes, Cheng Shin is even worse. I was shocked to learn they also make Maxxis
Funny thing is schwinnible make a blackjack to and I thought that's what I was getting. I normally do all my own work but I wanted it done for work. So I dropped it off then went home to bed picked it up after should have seen the kids faces when they found out it was a steel frame.

I am absolutely in love with the Bertrand. This bike is extremely important historically as well. It is a very early example of the new generation of mountain bikes with its sloping top tube. This is a handmade frame from Columbus tubing by a Quebec road bike manufacturer. I can not even estimate it's rarity, I'd be surprised if they made more than ten. It rides like a greyhound on too much caffeine.
Also, the guy who sold to Ingola it makes the best Thai food in town.
From what Bertrand has told me about 5,one was destroyed, two were built for there race team this one I got off the builders brother.
It really does ride like a Greyhound. You can feel the bike going forward underneath you.
It needs to be rebuilt, brakes work so so gearing is still dead on, cables are at there limits,seat is ugly as heck. The original tires were still on it. Torch burn from getting the seatpost out but I ride it every day so been holding off till winter. Best 60 bucks I ever spent.

Ordered this today figured I might as well go single speed I never change gears anyway View attachment 246132
Hopefully that one works better than the one I got with the stupid urethane pulley. Is it a toothed jockey wheel inside the cage, like on a regular derailleur?

Hopefully that one works better than the one I got with the stupid urethane pulley. Is it a toothed jockey wheel inside the cage, like on a regular derailleur?
No idea you know I don't research that much.. I just wait for you to tell me what I have.

He's all ready after my shifters 🤣

Latest posts

Back