Bent fork solution 5 minute fix, no disassembly!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Tools needed
-small chain fall,come along
-ratchet strap
-tow strap
-bent fork duh!
-fence post, mine are 3"galv heavy wall in 3ft of concrete a little over kill

refer to pics for instructions pretty self explanatory
2012-08-18_10-39-34_268.jpg

2012-08-18_10-43-44_25.jpg

2012-08-18_10-45-58_263.jpg

2012-08-18_10-47-45_69.jpg

Yikes :shock:
I can see how that's an easy fix (it's basically just the opposite of how the fork probably got bent in the first place), but I feel like that's putting a lot of stress on the rest of the bike.

Danger danger! haha

I love a redneck fix (don't take offense at that, I mean well, I am a king of Redneck fixes), but after removing the last bent fork I had that looked like yours there was a lot more to it than just a bend at the crown. The steer tube was bent as well and rubbing the inside of the head tube, many times there is a separation between the crown and steer tube.

Just ride with caution, and next time maybe put the securing straps around the head tube. I'd hate to see a bent fork lead to bent/broken stays or welds at the head tube/seat tube.

SAM_0859.jpg

wow what a simple but great idea .... if you live long enough somebody always comes up with something you need GREAT JOB :!: :idea:

...the real redneck way to fix it is to turn the front fork backwards and ride it into a brick wall; this may take a couple of trys to get it just rite....maybe you should remove the fender first to not smash it up, but then again if you're a redneck?

Back