bendix 2 spd manual shift

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just got a phantom with this add on and was wondering how to tune it. It was working fine a day ago and i had opened the hub to grease it because it was squeaking but it wont shift to low gear. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Kind of a high flange type of hub? I hope you didn't lose the little push rod. I'm pretty sure the bell-crank should be screwed in 'til the lever has no play . Sorry I don't remember exactly how they go together. Maybe take it back apart and look for anything out of place. :?

deorman said:
Kind of a high flange type of hub? I hope you didn't lose the little push rod. I'm pretty sure the bell-crank should be screwed in 'til the lever has no play . Sorry I don't remember exactly how they go together. Maybe take it back apart and look for anything out of place. :?

I acturally ended up fixing the problem but now i have a new problem. There is a tiny pin that makes the bike shift through gears, i need a new one.

I have one of those hubs as well and it wont change gears, i have had it in either gear, i am having trouble changing it, i need the attachment to change it.
this is what came on it,
DSCN7716.jpg

I found this but it doesnt seem to work, could you let me know what really goes on there?
DSCN7720.jpg

deorman said:
That is a Shimano, the Bendix is similar.
Parts for this hub are super hard to find, they are a few guys on thecabe.com that can help you but if you cant cant get that part i suggest you just buy a new set ( another guy on there is selling one complete with extras for $60 ). I found the pin from a guy there for $20 shipped and now my baby works fine. Good luck, If this hub wasn't on my black phantom I would've upgraded because of so few gears.

Back