BENDER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
A buddy of mine saved this from trash day near his work. I went by one day and picked up the carcase, and stashed it the back yard for months. Then one day while in a NOT good mood, I went to the garage in need of some Chopping and Hammering...[ darn no schwinns in site]. But I remembered I had this one. So I dragged the body into my Laboratory, and went to work...My main tools ---Hack saw and BIG 'O' Hammer. I went on a all day/night bender building this up...and DOWN So here it is
BEFORE:
bender6.jpg

After:
bender5.jpg

bender2.jpg

bender3.jpg

bender4.jpg

bender1.jpg

maybe I should've called it MOODSWING because I shure felt better after it came ALIVE :lol: :lol: 8)

WOW. I like the bending. I bet you felt great after taking some frustration out on that frame.

i thought you had strtched this until i re-read the post...hmmm so alls i needs a hammer huh....hmmm.... :idea:

Nice! :mrgreen: I need to build up my supply of bmx goosenecks...I bet they hold those apes alot better!

Amazing, I see the change, but still can´t figure out how you did it.
Oh the underestimated power of rage!
Great mod! :D

yeah what did you do there?

Looks to me like maybe you broke the welds between the cantilever tubes and the frame, near the seat tube clamp, and then bent the rear end upwards, flexing the canti tubes up above the top tube, then re-attached.

Is that correct, or am I seeing things?

This is a mod I've done before, and aka Joe has done also and I think there is a thread on it , but anyway here it is
bender6b.jpg

BLACK ARROWS--break welds, I used a hacksaw by hand because A; thinner cut=less damage. B; stress relief
GREEN ARROW----bend back end of frame upwords---SLOWLY
the lower cantilever? [thinner bars] will go past the lower front tube
RED ARROWS-- You can either bend the thin lower bars up ward to touch the neck or lower tube [like i did] or cut them off at any place they go past the lower front tube.
outsider13 out.... 8) :mrgreen:

Oh I ya I forgot, specs:
murry frame
Real HARLEY davidson fat tube ape hangers
bicycle grips boiled in hot water to make soft, stretched over Harley bars
BMX stem filed handle bar slot bigger diameter for Harley bars, Retapped hex bolts: longer and bigger
26" in da rear, 24" up front
Go Kart chain [same pitch just wider]
short one piece crank arms....for clearance [might change]
after market springer? it has S bolts.
Exercise bike seat
Thats ALL folks :mrgreen:

Back