Belo Bambino

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After some thought, the carriage will be the trailer with a simple steel box frame attached to the buggy springs; mount the axle & wheels spring center (notice the center pin in pic); and add a simple pivot yoke to the frame.
IMG_20160503_133143.jpg

Well in the over thinking it dept.:

Strip the trailer frame to it's basic elements; looks like it will do just fine. Just need to shorten the cross tubes and add two rigid cross straps for strength; and some scroll work from my trashed patio chair & some aged patina work.

Same patina to the clip on trailer wheels.
IMG_20160504_145405.jpg

Love that head light , cool idea [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild buggy just was checking it out as I was sitting in the lazy boy watching the Munsters old tv show . How ironic I see a similarity [emoji232][emoji232][emoji232]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will have to go very slow into the turns with the gravity center so high above the small track, me thinks.

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk
SG,

Actually, the trailer mount point to the bike will be at the height shown of 10.5 inches. Also, will have a weighted ballast front. It only sets 30" high in the seat area and would hold a small child of about 25lbs. Keep in mind this set is built with a responsible parent riding with up to 2 small children at reasonable speed. I see it more for local leisure rides & parades.

Last edited:
Yes, that is really cool! Great method to create 'sur-real rust'.....Unfortunately, I think my new TRM tank might melt under the torch....Was the primer sprayed on? Brand?

Yes, that is really cool! Great method to create 'sur-real rust'.....Unfortunately, I think my new TRM tank might melt under the torch....Was the primer sprayed on? Brand?
Bought a oops can of satin water based valspar primer tan color. You can buy the white primer and have it tinted buff (tan), to get the color I got.

Applied with a foam brush and torched it applying extra heat randomly for the variations in color. The first coat is applied and heated until it bubbles slightly. Second coat applied while still warm with cheap bristle brush, torch again for variation and to fill in any voids in the bubbling stage one. I did four coats total, because I wanted the deeper color and aging.

I tested the durability with a plastic mallet; no chipping or peel. Bonus, no wait time between coats.

Best advice be patient; to do a square foot area will take about an hour.

Last edited:
Back