Beer fixie... on the cheap!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in February I acquired a nice, straight old ten speed bike (Cheap Fixie Project: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13377 ) and, due to full time school and clinicals, not to mention a growing baby boy, I slowly began to transform it into something more... me :p .
Stripped it down to bearing, nuts and bolts. Everything was clean and straight (except the neck of the fork, I managed to straighten it out though), and I really liked that the frame had nothing on it, no water bottle cage braize ons, no cable guides,, no nothing, just straight and clean, and, since I am a smaller fella, it fit me like a glove with the 27" wheels. However, the rear steel wheel was a bit too far gone, so I bought a cheap wheel set, as well as new tires and tubes, a new seat and a new chain. Removed the original stickers, and started gluing on good beer labels. I have a ways to go with the beer labels, and at one point I had a bottle opener on the seat post (however, couldn't get the seat at the right height with it on there :cry: ), but for now, it is done and it had it's inaugural ride down the the New Belgium Brewery Tour De Fat here in Boise.

Enjoy!

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

oh I do like that a lot. very clean and simple. sweet.

do i see an augustiner label? good choice.
we've been drinking this in the train on our way from munich to the cruiser meeting in nürnberg.

MomoTheSheep said:
do i see an augustiner label? good choice.
we've been drinking this in the train on our way from munich to the cruiser meeting in nürnberg.

Thats funny right there!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I used spray adhesive to glue the labels on, and I am going to spray some clear protective coat over that as well.

Good start on a beer bike, check out the Gallery thread,
Show us your BEER BIKE viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775
and be sure you ( and anybody else with a beer bike ) put your beer bike out there.

If you ever have a chance to try non-imported Fransikaner, I recomend jumping at the opertunity. It's a bit like drinking a loaf of bread. Cool idea, and glad to see you've got a decent beer palate as well.

BarnesTO said:
What, no MILLER labels? :mrgreen:

That's funny right there.... never even crossed my mind to be honest with you! I'll have to rectify the situation quick fast and in a hurry!

Back