Bearing Grease

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, this may be a stupid question. What type bearing grease are most of you rats using? I have always used the black goo from the auto parts store (multi purpose grease).I quess my question is whether this grease is okay to use or is there special bike grease at the LBS. My thinking is that it is all about the same just more spendy at the LBS. :?: 8)

well ive had a can of slick 50's bearing grease for years so i finally opened it and started using it on my bikes(works great so far........its been in one for a year or so)

i use phill woods on good bikes an just a black bearing all purpose greese on everthing else.

Outlaw 8)

i've just bought a tub of pedros and it works great. before that was phil woods and before that was bull shot, great stuff but they dont make it anymore.

I use white bearing grease I bought on clearance at Northern tool! I don't think it matters that much. After all, how many bikes have we all taken apart to find fossilized grease, or just rust-yet they were still semi-rideable!! ~Adam

Back