BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the story, be careful and don't do stupid stuff, especially on busy roads at night. Kudos to the 18 year old that hit him for stopping, but please think about what she must live with now.

OK, this, I find interesting:

"It would have been a miracle for him to survive, according to the surgeon. And if he did survive, he would have been a vegetable confined to a wheelchair," Harvey Rosen said. "They donated all his organs to help other people."

Did a surgeon really say "he would have been a vegetable"? Seems "vegetative state" is the proper terminology nowdays. :?

yoothgeye said:
Did a surgeon really say "he would have been a vegetable"? Seems "vegetative state" is the proper terminology nowdays. :?

Those are his grandfathers words about what the surgeon told him.

That super sucks! I think more needs to be done about riding bikes on roads. I know we have the bike lane, but here in Jacksonville drivers see the bike lane as extra room to drive on regardless of a rider being in the lane or not. I DO NOT use the bike lanes here for that reason. I use the sidw walk, and I hop off if I'm passing a runner or some one walking. Hopefully Tyler's case will cause people to reconsider, and perhaps make a positive change towards these issues.

There was a plan in place here in Mount Airy to put in a number of bicycle lanes as well as to make the town more conducive to bicycle travel in our downtown. They were also going to extend our paved bicycle/walking trails. But over a year ago they were applying for the grant that would be used to pay for the development of the plans that would be designed in a partnership between a greener earth initiatives company and our own D.O.T. as well as the County Commisioners office. Sounded like the kind of plan that is put in place to shut up people that want it done while is gets pushed under a bunch of other plans for the next 25 years until people forget about it. I recently read on our front page that even the beginning stages were being tossed out due to economic strains within the city and county. I don't have the full details so I am not yet sure where to start to get involved. I'll start a thread about it as soon as I know more. On a more positive note they recently broke ground on a solar energy plant just outside of town, so maybe there's still a chance that small movements like the bicycle trails will be looked at again.

Another tragic bike incident but not what you expect....
A 67-year-old Washington D.C. woman who was hit by a bicyclist on the Embarcadero at Mission Street last month has succumbed to her injuries. Dionette Cherney, a real estate expert who had been visiting San Francisco with her husband, was pronounced dead at 5:20 this morning, said SFPD Sgt. Mark Sullivan of the department’s hit-and-run detail.

http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/08/11/pe ... dero-dies/

Latest posts

Back