Batavus Intercycle "Monte Carlo"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings bike guru's. My wife and i were cleaning out our storage area in the basement and discovered a bicycle. It is a Dutch-made Batavus Monte Carlo. It is green in color and under the layers of dust and cobwebs it is absolute mint condition. I couldn't find much online about the bike aside from the company makes mopeds. I do know it's from the 70s. Does anyone know if these are collectable bikes or if they have any value to them? The serial number is 3557395. Thankyou for your help.

A picture would be helpful. Is it a ten speed? A roadster? A folder?

I'm familiar with Batavus mopeds, but I don't think they sold many bikes in the U.S.

Edit: quick google search turned up this:
batavus02.jpg

http://www.equusbicycle.com/bike/batavus/index.html

It's a fairly basic road bike for the era, so probably not very collectible. It'd be more for somebody who is looking for a bike to commute on, or somebody who likes obscure/wacky brands than for a serious collector.

Thankyou. Sorry no pics of it. It is a ten speed and is identical to the pic you posted, but green. Well I guess it will go in the "yardsale" pile. lol. thankyou for your help.

Well if you have a hot market you could probably get $100 for it, but given it has sat for so long and probably needs new grease in the bearings and other minor things, $50 to $75 is probably more realistic even if cosmetically it is mint.

Back