Bat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til you die!

Yeah,Man!That's the stuff!Love that old funk :D That's what ignited my passion for good music.Probably why I enjoy music with a cool bass line.Makes me want to get up and build something :wink: `

Houndog said:
After years of playing country,metal,classic rock,blues..I'm now in a 10 pc..Soul/Funk/R&B/Disco band...It's a blast!!

Sweet 8) I love music that makes me want to move :!:

Circa Cycles said:
Houndog said:
After years of playing country,metal,classic rock,blues..I'm now in a 10 pc..Soul/Funk/R&B/Disco band...It's a blast!!

Sweet 8) I love music that makes me want to move :!:
OH SNAPS!! NOW LOOK WHAT I STARTED! I'VE BEEN PLAYING BASS SINCE I WAS 13. I STARTED PLAYING GUITAR ONCE DISCO KILLED THE FUNK. I GREW UP ON R/B,BLUES,JAZZ AND ROCK. SO JUST TO KEEP YA BUILDIN' CUE UP QUEENS "DRAGON ATTACK" SONG AND ........

This bike is near my top so far, REALLY like that fender. When you add in the skirts, BANG! RatRod perfection.

You could put that combo on anything and make it look good.

Keep it coming!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
This bike is near my top so far, REALLY like that fender. When you add in the skirts, BANG! RatRod perfection.

You could put that combo on anything and make it look good.

Keep it coming!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Dr. T! I plan to make it much better.

Peatbog said:
Circa Cycles said:
7000191820_a6f286b633_z.jpg
Sweet mother of pearl! That is one sweet ride.

+1!! That peaked and shortened rear fender is really cool

MplsCoaster said:
Peatbog said:
Circa Cycles said:
Sweet mother of pearl! That is one sweet ride.

+1!! That peaked and shortened rear fender is really cool

That's actually the front fender back there from the donor.I was planning to cut the back one to put on the back.The front one will probably get cut and narrowed to fit the skinny fork.Thanks for the compliment.Glad you like it :D

I had a little time yesterday for round 2 with the X53 fork.So I took a page from Jake's book,cued up AC/DC's Powerage album,cranked it up loud enough to rattle the neighbor's wall while doing stretches and decided it was time for decades of rust collecting around the stem to relinquish it's grip.It wasn't easy but it is free.Time to mock it up :!:
7154583096_55106710c5_z.jpg

Bat Rod with Western Flyer X53 fork.
7154572216_4361457f13_z.jpg

7154574978_3ee7ef1cd8_z.jpg

7154578356_f0b323848e_z.jpg

Did I say mock it up?Or mUck it up?This fork will be saved for another build.

While putting everything back together after this failed experiment,I decided to reach into the parts pile and explore a different bar/stem combo.I pulled out a Control Tech mountain stem and bars with the same shape as the bars I've been using but with more drop.
7154589326_8e055e77ca_z.jpg

Then back to the original bars.
7154590776_80db66c787_z.jpg

Thanks again to everyone for your kind comments,suggestions and inspiration :!:

Looks great so far :wink: Everything goes together nicely :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Looks great so far :wink: Everything goes together nicely :mrgreen:

Thanks for checking it out.Glad you like it :!:

I'd have a hard time deciding on which bars, they both look good! This build is lookin awesome! 8)

pick said:
I'd have a hard time deciding on which bars, they both look good! This build is lookin awesome! 8)

Good I'm glad it's not just me.And thanks!Still got some forks to try out...

ding dong dang! i'm diggin' this!

inshane64 said:
Do you have a bobbed front fender you could try with the X-53 front end?

Yes.As mentioned earlier the fender on the back is the front fender from the donor used for mockup.The rear fender from the donor will be bobbed for the rear of this build.I may try the X53 fork when the other fender gets cut.I've also got a Monark fork to mock up.And a rat trap springer.I really like the truss fork, though,for several reasons.Thanks for the suggestion :!:

Skipton said:
Man some great stuff happening here!

I dig all the variations.... I really like the X53 fork....But I also think the truss bar fork looks TOUGH! :roll:

Keep up the great work!

Glad you like variations.I've still got parts to throw at this thing :!:

sweet build! You know, for your theme, I like the bars with more drop. Because in that photo, they look like tucked bat-wings, like a bat is swooping in for the kill. Another great thing about this build is the tank. Whoda thought a girls tank would look this great. The scallops make this bike look like it is flying!

Lastly Kudos for putting down the X-53 forks. They didn't look terrible, but the trusses mean more business- fanglike. No time for a girly smooth ride and extra weight for this predator. Keep it looking lethal and always like it is hunting something. I say kudos because when you have something as great as x-53 forks, the temptation is strong to use them, I applaud your restraint here.

Back