Basman Palace

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a story about a Palace in Jordan, part 1 (this is what I wrote 3 months ago):

"In october me and my gf will be on holiday and visit Jordan. So here I am on my day off googling away what to see and what's happening over there. Only to find out to my surprise there is a section of Amman (Capital city) called Basman
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:AMMAN-Basman.png

It gets even better: they've got a Basman Palace !
http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/royal_palaces.html (scroll down a bit)
Gotta go and pay them a visit, I do hope there are signs in English !"

Fast forward 3 months, part 2:

Well, holidays are over, and it's hard getting used to the novemberstorms we're having at home, after spending 2,5 weeks in 30-35 centigrade...but - we had a splendid time ! Very friendly, hospitable people in Jordan, food is great, and the scenery is something else when you're born & raised in da Lowlands ! If you're thinking about spending time in the Middle East, Jordan is the country to be 8)

Here's the follow up on the Discovery Channel, episode Basman:

Our hotel's street in Amman was parrallel to Basman street, so easy does it, or so I thought. Point is, apparently Basman street is not in the erea called Basman. We searched for a while, but no Basman Palace. It seems Basman Palace in not located near Basman street, nor is it in erea Basman. Doh ! On with our round trip through Jordan, fast forward two weeks.
After coming back to Amman, we decided to have another go in our search for Basman Palace. Located the right erea and by Jove, we found the Palace. Well, the walls and towers with machineguns surrounding it that is. The Palace itself in unapproachable, and also forbidden to fotograph. Dangit. :(

So all I can offer you is the place where people in Amman take their bikes when they are sick;
IMG_1808.jpg

Tell 'em I sent you and you'll probably get a discount. :D

Hope you enjoyed this little roadtrip, I know we did !

Back