Basman buildup from Germany

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
buildup done! that's what i've always wanted.. and how i want it! :mrgreen:

- 2008 346 basman frame
- 2005 Felt El Guapo triple tree
- SRAM S7
- Rigida DHL 80 front
- DHL 100 in the back
- Sturmey Archer drum brake
- 3G Hoggy-G tires
- Hartkore Custom Grips cnc'd
- Brooks B66
- 346 3piece crank
- Demolition Pedals sb
- halflink chain

100_1285.jpg

100_1281.jpg

100_1278.jpg

100_1269.jpg

100_1265.jpg

Thank you so far, guys!

BrigmasterA said:
Where do you get halflink chain from?

The chain is from a bmx store in hamburg. Should be available by nearly every bmx mailorder worldwide. On my bike there are two chains in use to fit the length.
Halflinks are goodlooking and massive, but a 100% straight chain line is needed, if you want to use it with a speed hub like a nexus. Without a 3piece bmx crank is hardly difficult to get this chainline.. Otherwise it'll be a little bit noisy, especially when you climb up longer distances.

karfer67 said:
is there a usa place to get these yet?

you're lookin' for the tires or the frame? for the frame the link in the post above is right, to watch out for the tires you may have a look at 3gbikes.com. i really like that tire for the muscle car look. and i'm lucky that i might have grabbed the last available pair in europe. :mrgreen:

someone really needs to be a distributor for these frames in the usa

It says this on the http://www.project346.com website:

"Project 346 original Dutch design. A combination of the best from the Chopperdome Garage and collaborations with friends. The unique Basman frame and build up kits have made this bike to most customized cruiser bike in Europe, now also available in Canada and US. Enjoy the real happy cruisin' feeling."

Someone should know more about this in the US of A ?

332.90 Euro(s) = 422.623 US Dollar(s)

Project 346 USA is located in Lumsden, Canada.

Address Project 346 US

Project 346 Canada
99 second avenue east
Lumsden
Canada

Not all items from the 346 line up are available in the US Project 346 e-shop. Items ordered in the US e-shop will be shipped to the US only. Conversion rate will be set by Paypal or your bank.

http://www.project346.nl/index.php?module=shop&buttonID=42438&shopID=11&articleID=3123

tsudhonimh said:
332.90 Euro(s) = 422.623 US Dollar(s)

Project 346 USA is located in Lumsden, Canada.

Address Project 346 US

Project 346 Canada
99 second avenue east
Lumsden
Canada

Not all items from the 346 line up are available in the US Project 346 e-shop. Items ordered in the US e-shop will be shipped to the US only. Conversion rate will be set by Paypal or your bank.

http://www.project346.nl/index.php?module=shop&buttonID=42438&shopID=11&articleID=3123
If you order from the U.S., be prepared to pay some hefty duty. They are imported/sold by firebikes, who doesn't(or at least didn't) include that in their hefty shipping fees...

Back