Barn-Kept Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had this Western Flyer for a few years now. Found it in an old antiques barn that used to be in town. Just wondering if anyone had any rough estimates on what year it is. I'm guessing 60's? I'll try and dig it out of the basement and get the serial numbers on it tomorrow.

9038596392_9574d806a2_o.jpg

It should have a Huffy serial. ...ie....8H***** which would indicate either 58 or 68.
In the style of this one and based on my example I'd say the 60s for sure.....but its difficult without the serial number which you will get soon enough.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Murry made WF's from 58 to 62 or 63 . Dunno bout b4 that?
Yours is 64 and up.

It was a nice barn. Odds are it didn't live it's entire life there, but it must have been kept somewhere nice.
I didn't get a change to go down and look at the serial number yet, but I'm going to get it tomorrow.

There's no stamp on the head tube or bottom bracket shell, nor on the dropouts. But there is what looks to be a waterslide decal on the down tube right below the seat clamp. The first part is mostly scratched off, but I can definitely make out 2016D. I think the whole thing said HUF 2016D.

Your bike looks like a 1963 Huffy-Built Western Flyer.

Back