Barn Fresh Sting-Ray Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Recently we did a clean-up for an elderly woman , she has a Michigan basement and these two stingrays were there , she told us to " get them out of there "! Just curious of what they may be worth cleaned up ? Tires still hold air .
ck1 024.jpg
ck1 027.jpg
ck1 026.jpg
ck1 025.jpg

At minimum a hundred fifty/two hundred dollars apiece, possibly more. Green one is clearly in better shape, corrosion-wise. I'm sure you'll hear more from others with more detailed answers, but it depends on how and where they are marketed. If someone offers you fifty bucks, don't take it.

Reversed Chainguard decals , Solo Polo's
Early Stingray deluxe bikes bring big bux
Up words of 450-500; & up ^ wish I could make a offer on one ... Very very nice score.

~ Rafael ~

Wow.. Not a big stingray guy, but those are AWESOME!!

The Lime green one has a 63 sissy bar on it. The Terra Cotta has a 64 sissy bar. Post the serial numbers then you will know what you have. These are collector bikes for sure. Don't sell them short.

Those are GREAT bikes. Both are very hard to find in original condition like that and both are worth a good bit, especially that red one in Terra Cotta. Sent you a PM, if you want more information about them to help determine price let me know.

Glad everyone is varrifing me OG. Post ☆

~ Rafael ~

I'd make those Keepers , unless you wanna be Rich ?

~ Rafael ~

Holy cow! Good for you, great find there!

Holy cow! What a score. 2 Early '64 Deluxe Stingrays. Both have 36 hole rear rims. Letters in the # are for the month so the green one is May and the red one June. Gives a good idea when they switched to the crimped Person's sissy bar. Green bike has the '63 headset too.

They look to be 100% original except I think the rear reflectors should be small ones. The small ones are actually a lot cheaper so you could swap them out and make a few bucks on the big ones.

Edit: I take that back....1964 catalog says the deluxe came with "extra large rear reflector" so they are 100%

Incredible find!

Last edited:
Red - F484887 Green- E480631

Probably bought at the same time from the same store. And then didn't see any serious riding time. The tires look new! Be careful on the white graphics as they are known to rub off easily. If you're going to sell them, I wouldn't do any more clean up and advertise them just as they are. The Sting Ray came out in 63, so these are early treasures. Both might go as a set for a cool thousand bucks!:dance2:
If your story is true about the nice old lady giving them to you, then give her 10% of the profit you'll make to keep the good karma coming!

Double checked it's an E on the green one

The Schwinn serial chart only goes to E478400 in May of 64, then switches to F on the first of June, but there's no May 30th or 31st shown on the list, and the lists show they didn't work Saturdays and Sundays, so I'll bet they made a couple thousand more bikes late on Friday, the 29th, to keep up with demand which was high for Sting Rays. Someone forgot to add the extra numbers. That's my guess. The red F serial bike was made June 25th of 64, if the Green bike was an F, it was made the day before, on the 24th of June.

2 excellent Sting Rays from 1964. Man!

For the reflectors, the Deluxe bikes got the large 3 1/4 inch reflectors, and the standard bikes had the little ones. That is why you have the larger ones, those are correct.

Back