Barn Fresh 1951 Green Phantom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here's a 90% complete original Schwinn Green Phantom that falls well into the RATROD catagory. Serial number under bottom bracket says it's a 1951.

Only missing the rear light and front light cover + lens.

Green Housepaint and rust over original Green and black. Locking springer without key, horn tank, rear rack, original pedals and OG seat with cover.
Had the Original Rim set that I replaced with era correct S-2s so the bike would roll. Took it out on a short test drive and rides like a champ.

100_4012.jpg

100_4013.jpg

100_4014.jpg

100_4016.jpg

100_4011.jpg

Great find.....I've got headlight housing if your interested in one.

This makes me want to stop and peek into every barn I see. Sweet Sweet Machine

hzqw2l said:
Metal Militia said:
looks more like lake fresh :wink: great find

I found it last week when the Michigan glacier melted... :lol:

Actually this reminds me of a story I read in VW trends (december 1997) some years back, about the Antarctica expeditions in VW bugs! There's a 1957 VW oval window that broke through some ice and is still there in Antarctica under 250 feet of water and 10 feet if ice. If I am ever in Antarctica I'm going scuba diving! Little WD-40, carb cleaner, and fresh gas and I'll bet I could drive it home.... :lol:

Actually this reminds me of a story I read in VW trends (december 1997) some years back, about the Antarctica expeditions in VW bugs! There's a 1957 VW oval window that broke through some ice and is still there in Antarctica under 250 feet of water and 10 feet if ice. If I am ever in Antarctica I'm going scuba diving! Little WD-40, carb cleaner, and fresh gas and I'll bet I could drive it home.... :lol:[/quote]

i watched a show where they recovered a world war II plane that had been crashed landed in the arctic. they knew where it was, but by the time thry went back a few years ago, it was like 180 feet down. they managed to get it up, so you might get lucky :D

Metal Militia said:
i watched a show where they recovered a world war II plane that had been crashed landed in the arctic. they knew where it was, but by the time thry went back a few years ago, it was like 180 feet down. they managed to get it up, so you might get lucky :D

I saw that too. So if there is global warming and the glaciers are melting, how is it that it snowed 180' deep since 1944 in Greenland. Gary

Back