Barn find, Board track build...Finally done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had been sitting in the dirt for about 20 years.
IMAG0157.jpg
Built a leaf spring front end.
IMAG0161.jpg
Chopped up the chain stays and flipped the seat stays, lowered it 4 1/2 inches
IMAG0162.jpg
bike.jpg

Re: Barn find

I'm liking the fork set up and the flipping the rear chain stays was pretty clever also.. I like the build and look forward to the end results.. Good Job.!!!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Great work so far, how did you attach the springer to the bottom triple tree? Can you get us a pic of it from the bottom?

Cheers,
Dr. T
^^^ Yeah . what he said.. Love the set up.!!! It's clean looking..

I built the spring with stainless flat bar. Its not spring steel but still functions great and has awesome spring to it being able to flex with the collar I put around it. I just welded a 1/2 inch nut inside the fork tube to bolt the spring in place and will probably use a button head bolt later on. I'm getting very impatient waiting to ride it.
IMAG0167.jpg
I also built a wider set up to go under the banana seat to give a smoother ride. It would have down rods to the dropouts and look basically like the front end. Not totally sure if I like it yet. I still have a lot of parts to find but hope to have a roller soon.
IMAG0168.jpg

NICE.!!! I like the rear spring idea also. I want to see this thing done.. I wounder what kind of ride it would have with that rear spring done..

I like the rear seat spring idea too. It could also function as a rear rack if needed. Nice Bridgeport mill too.

I like where you going, cant wait to see more.
Now where have I seen that flipping the rear thing before? :mrgreen:

Re: Barn find, Board track build

I was going to use Quick Bricks but saw these wheels and tires on a Huffy at Walmart. They are 2.35 and the spokes are around 12 guage. Exactly what I was looking for and 50% cheaper, plus I am using the frame on another build and the Huffy scripted parts on a stretched 60s Huffy cruiser.

Sweet build! Keep the pics coming. Nice lines and use of the springs.

So those white tires are Huffy?? They look kinda cream colored in the pic. What type of bike did they come on...I'm thinking cruiser, but???

I havent been on here in quite a while but here are my updated pics. I have to finish covering the seat and put the final grips and pedals on.
2012-05-04_18-35-45_576.jpg
2012-05-04_18-35-26_58.jpg

Back