Bare Necessities "Almost there"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is gonna be my beer getter/ stop being so fat bike. I not sure of the make of the frame. If someone can tell me how to figure that out that would be awesome. Anyways it's gonna bee a single speed. I'm gonna do the frame bare metal with some scallops and pinstriping. and all other parts will be black. Because "Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black.". alright thanks for checking my post out. Now its time to tear this sucker down.
048.jpg

056.jpg

055.jpg

Re: Bare Necessities

i have this..
306459_191599964244497_100001834849579_501803_2033968305_n.jpg

its says 'open road' on the head tube..
frame is pretty similar though.

Fixie anyone?hehehe... goodluck on this build ... :D

Hangemhigh said:
This is gonna be my beer getter/ stop being so fat bike. I not sure of the make of the frame. If someone can tell me how to figure that out that would be awesome. Anyways it's gonna bee a single speed. I'm gonna do the frame bare metal with some scallops and pinstriping. and all other parts will be black. Because "Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black.". alright thanks for checking my post out. Now its time to tear this sucker down.
048.jpg

056.jpg

055.jpg
Your bike looks like a Raleigh to me, Good frames . When you strip it, it should have nice clean brazing around the lugs and the tubing is Reynolds or in other words "4130 Chromoly " You should be able to identify the model easy by the lugs and serial # if you check out their web site .

Looks like you had a good start, but its been a while.
I made my 'Pubman' from a BSA ( Raleigh acquired BSA in '57), not nearly as nice a start point as you, hope yours is turning out, they are classy old bikes and I always like seeing them used as a basis now.

thanks guys for all the help and support. I got to go get a crank puller this afternoon. I hope to have it stripped and first coat of clear tomorrow before work.

So glad the holidays are over. time to get back to work. taping is a ..... but can't wait for the end result. painting tomorrow if weather permits. It's cold.
001.jpg

finished paint and assembly today. just got to figure out how i want the bars. Up is more comfortable. But down just looks bad to the bone.
004.jpg

006.jpg

Nice!
I agree about the looks, but I cant take any length of time that low, I just cant pedal that hard to lift me weight off my hands, and kicking my head/neck back gets nasty.
Take a look at the Velo Orange site store , they have some great bars, Im expecting my Porteur's any day for my BSA.

Back