Bare Metal Electra

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys :thumbsup: The original plan was to run the original wheel and tyre combo, but when I saw these tyres in the parts stash I figured they'd match the grips and seat really well, and it was even better than I'd hoped.

More work on the tank inserts today. I'm using a thin hardwood ply. The tape was used to help reduce splintering when I cut them out with the jigsaw.
3_zpsal9kpzsq.jpg

And mocked up on the bike. And some shots of the bike finally in some sun - it's winter here, so most of the build is happening at night in the garage, hence the bad photos.
6_zps0ix1ykfm.jpg

4_zpsv3mgkjqz.jpg

5_zpsndrob251.jpg

Detail shot showing how the brushed bell matches the frame
7_zpsas4mqrkx.jpg

And painting a primer down on the tank insert.
8_zpsgm2ewgqu.jpg

Anyone else sabotaged their own project? I took one of the grips into the hardware store to get some matching brown paint for the tank insert, have since lost the grip so now I need to try and get matching grips over the weekend... :headbang:

LOOKING SWEEEET ALL AROUND. COLOR AND FLOW IS TOP NOTCH.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

So I painted the inserts brown to match the grips and tyres. Here it is after the first coat.
1_zpsczz0hhrt.jpg

I was going to use the metallic copper paint for the lettering, but it was too similar to the brown, so I added some black to darken it up a little.
2_zpsdhtt6iqx.jpg

3_zpskonrfmtc.jpg

Looks good
4_zpsoqleg7cy.jpg

And after losing one of the grips getting the brown paint, I had to buy some new grips for it
5_zpspytray9c.jpg

Back