Bar style?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What style of bars would these be considered? I thought that they where ugly 70's style at first but they are growing on me!
2012-08-31_17-04-16_293.jpg
2012-08-31_17-00-20_928.jpg

I think of them as a three speed bar. Like off the old English Raleighs etc. They work well flipped over too.

Whatcha buildin'?

jackdaw said:
I think of them as a three speed bar. Like off the old English Raleighs etc. They work well flipped over too.

Whatcha buildin'?
Building a '63 Schwinn cruiser with all used parts. I have some 13" Schwinn apes and a Schwinn Mag chainring to put on it. Also a Persons brown saddle with a lay back seat post. I need to start a diary in the Build section with all the pics. Have been trying to get all of the paint off but that stuff is stubborn.

Guess I will have to save them for another build then! Haha! Just posted my build diary titled "63 Schwinn Geargoyles CC cruiser" in the Builds forum.

I'm not sure what the correct "term" would be but I always called them "swept back" ... I think I'm just pulling that term from some random verbiage on an old bicycle ad I've seen though.

I had to save them because I liked the Wald stem and they had brown Hunt Wilde grips that I want to go with the brown seat. Now I may flip the bars for another build.

I love that type of handlebar for cruising. I did a little mountain biking with them an it was rough on the wrists. A sweep of 10 degrees or less is more comfortable to the wrists on bumpy trails or bumpy roads.

There not comfortable if there flipped and the seats higher then they are :lol: ,but i definitely want a second seat for my mtb to learn to ride.

Back