banana seat mounting grommets?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Anyone know the actual name? I'm guessing. But those metal "holes" in the banana seat where you mount the seat to the sissy bar. I need a couple sets and I'm looking for a source. Ebay came up with nothing, but maybe I'm using the wrong terminology?

Or does anyone have any I could get from you?

Hey, a shoe repair place is coming to mind. Try checking 1 or more if you have to.

Grommets would be accurate terminology.

Some ppl use tent / tarp grommets, which have wider flanges and not real 'correct' ( I have those I could send, but you'd have to improvise a tool to install, can't send my crimp tool ).
There was a guy on the old MBF forum was repopping the correct Schwinn / Persons style, used to sell on ebay but not seen any in a bit. Need a few of those myself.
Sounds like you're going to try n cover one yourself ? :)

They are called eyelets/grommets/metal holes, etc...

This one has multiple sizes. I'm guessing the ones for a banana seat are 5/32.

http://www.harborfreight.com/grommet-pliers-with-100-grommets-66707.html

If you read the reviews on that though people are saying this kit only has one side of the grommet which apparently makes them eyelets?

Edit: Looks like that's true. This leather place looks like it has grommets and eyelets listed seperately with grommets being 2 pcs and eyelets being one piece.

These look like they're pretty close. I wonder if that Harbor Freight tool would actually work with a 2 pc grommet?

https://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/1285-621.aspx

I could use some of these too.

Last edited:
Those flanges are big. If you find some and get a big bag they'd probably be easy to get rid of....I could use a few.

Back