Banana seat cruiser kid's bike that used to be a Schwinn.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peatbog said:
Thanks guys.

Gdcast, I'd be interested in seeing how you do that in fiberglass. I've never dealt with fiberglass myself.

Well inspired in your chain guard I built mine in fibber glass, how I did it step by step here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49603

That paint is awesome! I´ll see if I can get the red one around here

Yeah back in the day Schwinn used a triple plating of chrome, now days they cheap out and do a single. Sign of the times. That's why I love old Schwinns.

Ummm, you just lathed an totally custom axel cap acorn nut... You really, really did. Look at that post above. It is right there, spinning in that machine, chips a flyin'.

...You are out of your mind, and i thank you from the deepest reaches of my heart for it.

Blown away by this build. Kudos to you and great for her!

(Of course I have no doubt you could sell these like crazy, but I doubt it would be worth the hours to manufacture them.)

Peatbog said:
Thanks for the compliments.

Finished the front hub cap nuts. Moving on to paint soon.

1fronthubcaps.jpg

You should make some more of those and sell them here.

:shock: I know I had a jaw, it fell off while looking at what you did...
That´s beyond wicked, I want some!!! :D

Peatbog said:
Hmmm, got some Krylon clear and that wrinkled the Krylon red also. Might have to strip it down and start over--without using any Krylon paint.
You could try some urethane clear. We sell DuPont and Nason products where I work, and you can pick up a can of Nason clear in a rattle can for around $10. I've had better luck with that clear than anything else. Might be worth a try.

Lookin really good!!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back